View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 02:38 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Looking for a unique holiday gift? Look no further, friends. My super talent of a wife has been hand-making masks that are cool, comfy and for every mask sold she donates one to those in need. Check out her Etsy store, @dearheartmercantile to see all of her snazzy wares! ❤️

Repost from @jennywade

vulnerability time! so last April, i started sewing masks. i had the time, and a few materials, so i began filling my days this way, and donating in bundles to wherever i heard a need expressed. materials ran out. i looked to good friends for donations. anyone have a bag of t-shirts they don’t want? linen napkins? tablecloths? friends came through! i processed and donated all materials. then i thought, maybe i can give others a chance to help. the project was becoming bigger, and the need wasn’t slowing.
so...i opened an Etsy store called @dearheartmercantile (vulnerable!!).

i decided that for every mask i sold, i would donate one. so far, i’ve been able to donate 1400 masks (!!).

i’ve felt really shy about telling anyone about it, so it’s sort of just been doing it’s own thing. but i’m hopeful maybe we can keep helping together. that’s what i’d like the most.

i also do some other things there...refurbish mid-century furniture, gather vintage clothing & jewels...

every single mask is handmade by me, at our kitchen table. i hope you like them. Opal hasn’t helped once. Rude.

Link in bio. Thank you, dear hearts. ❤️

Last edited by stlavin95; 10-15-2021 at 01:59 PM