View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 07:47 PM
Chris
Senior Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I still don't get why only a year caused Michael to feel this disconnected, though.
That doesn't make much sense to me either. At least at the end of the episode she realizes that she belongs on Discovery.

It lovely to have the references to and flashbacks for Spock.

- opening scene between Tilly and Michael addressing their feelings was realistic

- Tilly as acting first officer?!?! she's an ensign! Although Saru is right that she'd always put Starfleet and the crew ahead of her own personal preferences, and the crew knows and trusts her. Very astute of Tilly to ask: "are you asking me because you think I'm qualified or because I'm compliant?" Love that she went to Paul for feedback, and his honest initial reaction. I'm not sure how realistic it was that the whole crew convinced her she was the right person for the job, Some of them must have had aspirations for the position.

- didn't like Michael's dismissive "of course, sir" when Saru asked if she was prepared to defend her theory

- Surprised to see Michael's mother. Some interesting interactions there. Michael didn't expect that her mother wouldn't blindly back her. Liked mom's line that "duty and joy go hand in hand"

- Saru has proven himself to be quite the diplomat.

- liked they used the line " the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

- overall a decent episode with some nice shout outs to TOS, and the mention of Picard.