View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 10:33 PM
clarkson_fan
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, that whole speech in the kitchen showed why she chose Pacey. Especially saying her love for him is very real and it's what has kept her running from it. She also looked like she was about to drop the bomb on him before her sister kept interrupting RME. Joey also didn't have a moment with Dawson like when her and Pacey almost kissed after their food fight. That moment was so hot too, that and the kiss at the wedding showed they never lost their spark. Pacey and Joey will ALWAYS love each other, no matter how much time passes.
Right and her saying her love for Dawson is "pure and eternally innocent" doesn't really speak to a forever, true love, ya know? Like who looks at their partner in life and goes "we're so pure and innocent" like nah, real love is messy and not so pure and definitely not innocent, but it's real and powerful and sustaining.

And her saying she was running from her love for Pacey matches when she talked to Jen when she was all "I know who I'm supposed to be with, but I am perfectly comfortable running" like she didn't say anything about Dawson's love making her so scared that she runs.

He's family, a security blanket, comforting, but that's it. No passion, no fight, nothing remotely mature or real about it.