View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

True, but I think Angel would've looked like that no matter who tried to sit with him due to his antisocial tendencies lol. But I don't think he would've smiled like that and loosened up for just anyone. Her power.
I concur, 200%.

Quote:

I don't think she slept with anyone for the role, but the casting director/someone important in the play must've had a huge crush on her and been willing to overlook her, uh, lack of suitability for the part.
I like this, headcanon accepted.

Quote:
I get a kick out of Buffy being jealous of CA, too, and I love her with my whole heart so oops lol.
Oh good, so I'm not alone hehe.

Quote:
Buffy wouldn't have been jealous if she didn't sense something there between CA. Or at least, that's what I'm going to believe.
There is no other logic. She saw his smile, there is no possible way she didn't know something was going on there.

Quote:
Re: Cordy treating him like a person. It's probably because I read too much fic, but I like to believe he was a little disappointed when he realized she hadn't known he was a vampire and backed off once she truly found out.
Interesting. I like that but what would have given him the impression that she did know?

Quote:
Hmm. I wouldn't say she was only interested in him to get one over on Buffy. Cordy shows immediate attraction to him upon first seeing him and that is before she knows about his connection to Buffy at all.

It's highly possible her continued pursuit was partially due to her and Buffy's rivalry, but I also think she genuinely thought he was a hottie and wanted some Angel smoochies lol.
Exactly, she was totally smitten. As I said, you can see it in the way she looks at him after Buffy leaves the Bronze.

Quote:
I don't think I've read this one before. Thanks for the rec. I know what I'm gonna be reading later.
No problem. Enjoy.

Quote:
Oh, I love that. There is a certain symbolism there about only the two characters destined to go off and be leads on their own show not being affected. A power duo from the beginning haha.

Lorne's "It's fate. It's the stars" comes to mind.

I love waxing poetic about these two in here. No other ship makes me gush this much haha.
*sigh* CA is poetry!
I don't think any other ship has so much amazing subtext and development.

they win"
- Stephen King