View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 05:17 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've seriously read all the best parts of that thing at least 4 times. Hehe.
Yeah, it's a seriously cute fic.

Quote:
Admittedly he did look kind of ' Ugh, stake me' at the very beginning.
True, but I think Angel would've looked like that no matter who tried to sit with him due to his antisocial tendencies lol. But I don't think he would've smiled like that and loosened up for just anyone. Her power.

Quote:
Which reminds me of much the same expression on his face while he watched Cordy's performance as Nora in 'A Doll's House' in 'Eternity' (I can't imagine her stooping so low but I also can't imagine how she got that role without sleeping with someone).
Haha. I love how tortured Wes and Angel look while watching that.

I don't think she slept with anyone for the role, but the casting director/someone important in the play must've had a huge crush on her and been willing to overlook her, uh, lack of suitability for the part.

Quote:
Cordy treated him like a person rather than like a parolee even if it was out of ignorance and talked to him about cars, how could he not be interested?! Additionally, we got Jealous!Buffy which was awesome. Sorry, that sounds kind of evil but it was.
I get a kick out of Buffy being jealous of CA, too, and I love her with my whole heart so oops lol.

Buffy wouldn't have been jealous if she didn't sense something there between CA. Or at least, that's what I'm going to believe.

There's just so much unintentional foreshadowing in the ep, Buffy's jealousy included.

Also Willow's "Angel will never fall for her act". Cut to S3 when Angel has, in fact, 'fallen for her act'. Buffy was right to worry.

Re: Cordy treating him like a person. It's probably because I read too much fic, but I like to believe he was a little disappointed when he realized she hadn't known he was a vampire and backed off once she truly found out.

Quote:
A lot of folks, including CAers argue that in BtVS Cordy was only interested in Angel as a trump card over Buffy which I agree is true but I feel there was real interest there as well and the way she looks at him here, with this super cute genuinely smitten expression supports that.
Hmm. I wouldn't say she was only interested in him to get one over on Buffy. Cordy shows immediate attraction to him upon first seeing him and that is before she knows about his connection to Buffy at all.

It's highly possible her continued pursuit was partially due to her and Buffy's rivalry, but I also think she genuinely thought he was a hottie and wanted some Angel smoochies lol.

Quote:
Seeing and Believing by LadyJubilee.

The plot is really well done and has a unique and well-developed villain.
I don't think I've read this one before. Thanks for the rec. I know what I'm gonna be reading later.
Quote:
I feel there has to be some form of unintended foreshadow or symbolism in the fact that CA are the only ones not affected by Ethan's spell because Angel doesn't do Halloween and Cordy just happened to be the one person to not purchase a costume from Ethan.
Oh, I love that. There is a certain symbolism there about only the two characters destined to go off and be leads on their own show not being affected. A power duo from the beginning haha.

Lorne's "It's fate. It's the stars" comes to mind.

I love waxing poetic about these two in here. No other ship makes me gush this much haha.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com