View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

X-Men News, Media & Websites #6: Because we can only hope that the MCU won't ruin the X-Men, but we're got getting our hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Certainly the idea of removing it is wrong.
I agree, sum1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Ok.

I meant that as a joke.

I see.

You did? I see. Ok.

Ok.

The image of him I posted under spoiler tags it looks like he does. I wonder if MCU Magneto will have red eyes? Also, the red eyes kinda remind me of MCU Wanda when her eyes turn red.

Oh, reading more new info on Hydra, the Gems, etc, etc I kinda get the feeling they'll probably go the route of Hydra did test the Space Gem on Magneto, and it awoke his X-gene or something like that.

I mean unless I read it wrong it seems the Stones unleashes radiation, Hydra possibly did test experiments with the Space Gem, apparently, Red Skull knew about the Mind Gem, Strucker knew about it from Red Skull, and then of course we know the Twins was chosen as test subjects because they had the appropriate genetic markers for the Mind Gem test experiment.

Anyway sorry for rambling I just like the idea, of it not only because it would tie Magneto's backstory to the Twins backstory, but also because it would keep Magneto's Holocaust Survivor backstory, and I don't know about anyone else but I believe even the idea of removing that is wrong.
Oh, a joke? Sorry.

Yes, I did. Wanda and Pietro were born at the High Evolutionary's home in Wundagore Mountain, and he's the one that gave Wanda and Pietro to the Maximoffs, so it seemed logical to me. And when I say that the High Evolutionary was the prototype for Marvel's heroes, I don't mean he was created by Marvel first. The High Evolutionary was created in the late 1960s by Stan Lee, but his storyline as a scientist in the 1920s named Herbert Wyndham who discovers alien technology and reverse-engineers it to make himself into a super-being could be considered a prelude to many of the Avengers, like Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Steve Rogers, etc.

Oh, I see. Funny, I've read the comics for decades and I've never seen Magneto with red eyes. That may have been some funny effect or something.

No problem, dragonfire. We all ramble here. Using the gems does seem like a quick fix for the mutant problem, although some critics might think of it as a Deus Ex Machina.

I agree with keeping Magneto's holocaust backstory, but the only problem is that the further removed we get from World War II, the more difficult that storyline is to maintain. It's just like how Frank Castle's storyline as The Punisher gets more difficult the further we get from the Vietnam War, because most Vietnam vets are in their 60s and 70s by now. For Magneto to be a Holocaust survivor he'd have to be really old and they'd have to explain why he hasn't aged. The only character who doesn't need an explanation is Captain America, who was frozen in animation for decades since World War II and who doesn't age because of the Super Soldier serum.

Previous Thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f135/x-men-n...ding-63227117/