Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Hi, Heather. You can call me Carmen.
You both may call me Anne.

Quote:
Thanks for the recs. Am currently reading Seperate Hearts by Becjane.
I've seriously read all the best parts of that thing at least 4 times. Hehe.

Quote:
Some Halloween caps in honor of Halloween. (Can't believe October is over already...)

Cordelia: I know. Is the Bronze so not happening? Or what?
Admittedly he did look kind of ' Ugh, stake me' at the very beginning.

Which reminds me of much the same expression on his face while he watched Cordy's performance as Nora in 'A Doll's House' in 'Eternity' (I can't imagine her stooping so low but I also can't imagine how she got that role without sleeping with someone).

Quote:

Buffy: I was late due to unscheduled slayage. Showed up looking trashed.
Willow: Was he mad?
Buffy: Actually he was pretty unmad. Which probably had something to do with the fact that Cordelia was drooling in his cappuccino.

I'd say Angel was definitely looking very unmad.
Despite my admittedly bad memory of BtVS, I'm quite certain that this was the most comfortable he'd ever been with another person in that series including Buffy.
DB might have gone off-script because he couldn't manage to look "uncomfortable and disgusted" but I actually think the "unmad" reaction fit better. Cordy treated him like a person rather than like a parolee even if it was out of ignorance and talked to him about cars, how could he not be interested?! Additionally, we got Jealous!Buffy which was awesome. Sorry, that sounds kind of evil but it was.

Quote:

The way she's looking at him is #relatable.
I wonder how long he stayed at The Bronze after Buffy bailed on their date. Did he stay for that cappuccino?
A lot of folks, including CAers argue that in BtVS Cordy was only interested in Angel as a trump card over Buffy which I agree is true but I feel there was real interest there as well and the way she looks at him here, with this super cute genuinely smitten expression supports that.
I mean just look at the guy!

Quote:

The way he's looking at her here is cracking me up. He has no idea what to make of her lack of tact.
He's like: "Is this girl for real?" and I think inside, he's totally loving it.

Quote:
Angel: They were just incredibly dull. Simpering morons, the lot of them. I always wished I could meet someone... exciting. Interesting.

Also...Angel in Offspring.

Angel: "You know, I've been around a long time..."
Cordy: "Which reminds me. Next birthday, you think we could skip the two-hundred and fifty odd candles on the cake and the inevitable fire marshal and just go and just go with a little song?"
Angel: "And I've never known anyone like you."
Cordy: "Well, duh!"

Looks like he got his wish.
Wow. I did not recall the context of that line, that she wanted to celebrate Angel's birthday. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Angel doesn't remember his birthday. 200 years of it not mattering would do that.

Reminds me of a fic I read in which Cordy throws Angel a huge birthday party and even invites the Scoobies but of course danger is just around the corner.

Seeing and Believing by LadyJubilee.

The plot is really well done and has a unique and well-developed villain.

Quote:

Cordy and Angel working together to help the (helpless) Buffy. They had no idea how soon working together for them would be second nature.
I feel there has to be some form of unintended foreshadow or symbolism in the fact that CA are the only ones not affected by Ethan's spell because Angel doesn't do Halloween and Cordy just happened to be the one person to not purchase a costume from Ethan.

Quote:

Xander: (shakes his head). Give it up, Cordy. You're never gonna get between those two.

And thus begins why Cordy was so oblivious/in denial of her feelings and Angel's in ATS S3.
Ugh. I concur, I blame Xander for a lot of her insecurity in her relationship with Angel, and for her fear of Karma because the ass just had to constantly throw cracks at her about it.

ex. SAR:

Cordy: "Why do terrible things keep happening to me"
Xander: *fake cough*Karma*fake Cough*

they win"
- Stephen King