View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 05:33 PM
broken crown
Moderator Support Team

1x18...HERE WE GO....
  • NO PREVIOUSLY...but we get Nancy hallucinating?!?
  • I love this song though.
  • Okay the part with Owen and the portents made me laugh a little bit though. I know that's bad of me. LOL!
  • "I'm not even sure you know his middle name."
  • "Ace is giving his statement now." It seems like they're always giving statements to the police!
  • Lisbeth thinks Nancy is totally cracked with this Algaeca talk.
  • I really love this Drew Crew scene. Ace's voice is very calming. He should do audiobooks.
  • The blocking of this scene is kinda weird though...like four characters are bunched on one side and Ace is all by himself on the other. Do they think he has cooties?
  • "Like Tinkerbell?" <3
  • Poor Nancy. She's so sad over Owen. She needs time to heal. <3
  • Also...Bess is already letting Aunt Diana dictate her life. This is NOT going to end well. I also sense George may rip her a new one soon.
  • Nick is a big believer in open communication eh?
  • "What if PDA just isn't my thing?" "That's fine...I guess." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN NICK?!
  • Oh look...it's Ryan! Man...this is awkward.
  • Nancy's really got her work cut out for her, doesn't she? She's going to be needing lots of support from her friends...assuming they're not too busy with their own drama.
  • This seance is actually really, really creepy. I jump every time I see that damn Algaeca.
  • Maybe Nick should go to school to become a psychiatrist?!
  • Awww Ace and Nick are holding hands! <3
  • No Bess...it's not Owen...
  • Kennedy had a really, really good scream there!
  • Nick wants to fix the coffee table.
  • Okay...let's talk about this scene. Why didn't Bess's BFF Ace volunteer to go with her during her time of grief? That's because the writers wanted Ace/Nancy to spend the whole episode together solving the case. It was SO glaring of a choice, it's not even funny. I mean...even Nick is like "we're here for you." Why didn't Ace say that instead?! This was definitely an awkwardly plotted scene IMHO.
  • "Will you stay with Nancy?" "Yeah, definitely." Sounded right out of an episode of Dawson's Creek.
  • Also...why were Ace/Nancy randomly standing around next to each other? Were they putting something away? Maybe the ghost traps? Like...it just seemed so weird they were standing in the middle of the room together. Love it though!
  • And she just had to touch him.
  • COUSIN ISAAC! <3 Please come back!!!
  • "there's a whole hall?" Yeah, the Marvins are probably cursed.
  • Aunt Diana may have loved Owen, but I think she likes the fact that she can control Bess more. Owen seemed to have way more independence. Also...this isn't going to end well especially with Diana wanting to know what really happened to Owen. How is Bess going to explain everything without revealing Nancy's true parentage?!
  • Bess and Lisbeth aren't going to last very long in Season 2 IMHO either.
  • Ace's jacket! We need that back in Season 2!
  • "She did have a tail."
  • Do you think Hannah Gruen wants to record their encounters with the Aglaeca for her records now??!?!
  • "As far as we know..." LOOKS!
  • It's definitely ironic that Nancy thought she was directly responsible for Owen's death cause of the Algaeca when really she's indirectly responsible because of her crazy uncle. It's DEFINITELY not her fault though.'
  • I love how Bess seems so scandalized about someone in her family being a murderer, when the Marvins obviously have SO MANY skeletons in their closet. It's probably gonna be a shock to the system.
  • I love how Ace just switches the subject when Nancy was talking about Owen's apartment.
  • Bess, Lizbeth ain't that stupid girl! LOL!
  • "Marvin's don't rat." HE IS A PEACH!
  • UH OH....poor George!
  • Nick was acting really aggressive in this scene. I don't like when he acts like this.'
  • "Tiberius."
  • Whitney's gonna get her ass thrown out of the family.
  • Bess/Nick! You don't see too many of those scenes.
  • "If you ever want to talk about anything...I'm here." How can they NOT expect us to SHIP IT after that?!
  • Also, I noticed Owen has a camel statue in the background?! WHY?!
  • Was Ace really going to use that golf club to open up the storage unit?!
  • OMG do you think Josh was watching them have sex?! I hope there's not a video or something like that...OMG.
  • I like Lisbeth's coat.
  • "What about him? Can I use him?" Why Lisbeth what are you implying?!?!
  • RYAN/GEORGE! Such an important scene!!! I'm so glad they included this exchange. It was important so both characters could move on. Leah Lewis is MAGNIFICENT here!
  • I love how Nancy just HAD to lean so, so close to Ace like that.
  • "Stay here." NOPE!
  • Watching this Nancy/Ace car scene...you can totally tell how they've adjusted Ace's character since the early episodes. He still has his humor and will crack jokes, but they actually let him be serious.
  • I love how Ace is just standing watch. Green jello!
  • Love this Patrice/Nancy scene!
  • "I'm not Lucy. I'm her daughter actually." Was that the first time she said those words aloud?
  • Okay...I'm guessing this whole Morse Code scene was to get Ace out of the way so Joshua could attack Nancy? Am I wrong?
  • "Sweetie...he never left.."
  • Poor Ace...walked right into the trap...
  • Was that the room where Josh was staying?! Or was it just a happy coincidence?!
  • Why didn't Nancy wonder where Ace was?! Wouldn't it make sense to have back-up? I'm glad she called Lisbeth though!
  • Josh got a huge knife!
  • I mean at least Owen died a hero. Of course, this is just going to make Nancy feel more guilty because in the end...he was just a distraction to her. She didn't love him.
  • There's Ace!!! He's running over there...to help Nancy!
  • I love how Ace is so proud of Nancy! And she brought him french fries!
  • "All cursed together."
  • Jeez Bess. You're soooo obvious.'
  • THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!!
  • "Are you gonna let me know?" NOPE.
  • Awww Nick/George. I guess he was taking her home? Very sweet of him.
  • So it seems like Nancy went to the Bluffs by herself and Ace stayed behind to do more dishes?!
  • AUNT DIANA MOVING IN FOR THE KILL!! You gotta admire her though!
  • The Algaeca! The first thing Bess should do is take a picture of that and send it to everyone else...but it doesn't seem like she did that?!'
  • Love this coda sequence! Really wish "Collector" by Beasty Eyes was on Spotify.
  • BOTTOM LINE: An awesomely balanced episode that was able to also serve as the de facto Season 1 finale. Also, all the Ace/Nancy scenes! They are perfection! Nick/George was also really sweet too! I seriously wonder what else would have happened in the last four episodes. It'll be interesting to see what actually carries over to Season 2! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Last edited by broken crown; 10-19-2020 at 06:41 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote