View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:15 AM
Make Them Laugh
Fan Forum Legend

Star Trek 300K Celebration Thread #1: It's Time to Celebrate!

Star Trek 300K
Celebration Thread

Credit: Si_Crazy
Board Milestones

• December 3, 2001 - Star Trek board added
  • September 9, 2002 - Johnnie and Chris appointed as permanent moderators
  • May 18, 2007 - 30,000 Posts! ~ posts purged prior to server move
  • May 4, 2009 - 50,000 Posts
  • February 21, 2010 - crazy_diamond appointed Moderator
  • December 3, 2011 - celebrated 10 years at Fan Forum
  • February 2012 - Posting Challenge
    - Star Trek: 8478 - 292.34 posts per day - board ranking #16 - Doctor Who: 8381 - 290 posts per day - board ranking #17
    -the last day of February, the DW and ST boards were the most active at the site, over 1400 posts each (the next most active was @ 900)
  • April 2, 2012 - 100,000 posts!
  • April 9, 2016 - 200,000 posts
  • September 2016 - 50th Anniversary of TOS
  • June 2018 - 250,000 posts!
  • December 2019 - 18th Anniversary

Testimonial from your Mods
Chris's Testimony
300,000 posts and almost 19 years at Fan Forum!

I've had a wonderful time moderating this board over the years and it's become my online home. I've made many terrific friends here and I cherish all of you. We've had some lean times when there wasn't much new going on in the fandom, but we've always found people who enjoy discussing the show. Now we've got Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks and 2 other series in the works. It's amazing how the franchise has managed to survive and thrive for over 5 decades now.

Thanks to all of our posters, whether you drop by regularly or only occasionally. I enjoy interacting with you and reading your perspectives.

Johnnie and Tracey have been terrific co mods. Working with them to keep the board organized and flowing has been a real pleasure.

Finally, a big thank you to Dave/MakeThemLaugh for organizing this celebration.
~ Chris
Tracey's Testimony
'Thanks to everyone for getting us to this wonderful milestone. The franchise is still going strong and this board along with it.
The characters, quotes, relationships, storylines and ships won't be forgotten and hopefully this board will 'boldly go where no board has gone before'

Poster Testimonials
Dave's Testimony
I've enjoyed stopping by the Star Trek board since April 2012.
The first Star Trek series I've watched was re-runs of the Original Series
which is why Kirk and Spock are my favorite characters. The most recent series, Discovery has been really great to watch too with classic returning characters and the new characters and storylines that this series has brought us.

My favorite movie is the Star Trek released in 2009 with Chris Pine because
it brought us back to it's origins with Kirk, Spock and the crew.

I'd like to thank Chris, Tracey, and Johnnie for Modding this board. To my knowledge, they may be the longest standing Mod Trio to Mod a board

May the Star Trek Franchise along with the Star Trek board "live long and prosper"!
~ Dave
Roswell / Erin's Testimony
Congrats Star Trek board on this amazing achievement.

Thats awesome news about Star Trek! I have always been a fan watched it growing up with my Dad. We watched the Original, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager.

The originals and the next generation to me are the best. Spoke was my favorite.

I also loved how in the original TV show Roswell we had Star Trek cameos in the show with Jonathan Frakes guest staring on the show and producing some episodes! He was awesome as Riker!

I even got to meet some Star Trek cast over the years.

I met Zachary Quinto when he was on Heroes right after they announced him as the new Spock in the movies back in 2007. I remember how Zack was so touched when I congratulated him on getting the role of Spock. Such a nice guy.

In 2008 I met the original Chekov Walter Marvin Koenig at the Big Apple Convention. He was the nicest person and teared up over the fans support for Star Trek. It was such a highlight meet him.

In 2010 I also got to meet Patrick Stewart back stage after seeing him act in the Broadway theater production A Life in The Theater. My friend won the tickets on Twitter so we got to go. It was a joy to meet Patrick. He was so nice and signed our playbills. It was amazing to meet him! Such a gracious and talented person.

Enjoy this mildstone my fellow Trekies! Live Long and Prosper!
~Erin
Kia's Testimony
I love Star Trek because it has this profound and unshakable basic trust in humans and humankind, this belief that we can be good and peaceful. It projects this eutopia of what we could be if we overcame war, poverty and inequality. Watching Star Trek gives me hope for a better future.
~Kia

Star Trek 300K Celebration Icons

Icons produced by Sarah/ crash landing

Screen Capture

Screen Capture by Chris

Thanks again for your support through out the years.
We're looking forward to all our future discussions!

Special Thanks to Sarah for the Icons, SI_Crazy for the Top Banner and our Mods and Kia for Testimonials

Let's Celebrate!

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 09-22-2020 at 06:17 AM
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote