View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Crystal_Ann
Dedicated Fan

I usually can't stand Dan but I loved him in the episode; the actor who plays him gave an amazing performance. I like how the writers are slowly making him more human and showing that he does love Deb and Nathan and deep down inside he also loves Lucas. Two months ago there's no way he would never told Nathan he loves him and would probably have left Lucas there to die or not say anything when the doctor asked if he was a relative. I can't wait for the writers to do more in depth with Dan.

As for Lucas, I majorly disliked him in this episode. I hate that the writers are ruining him and taking a chance ruining the show resulting in it eventually being cancelled. It's not a smart move to make the central character unlikable especially for a temporary pairing which is all Peyton and Lucas are. Besides the Peyton/Jake forshadowing with the way the show works the supporting characters have to be with a main one or a big part of their life to get airtime and that only leaves Lucas for Brooke since there's no other male lead expect for Nathan but there's no storyline possibilities there yet since other then basketball Lucas and Nathan are mainly connected through their relationships with the girls from the others social circle and Brooke is part of Nathan's and there would be zero angst/drama since at this point Lucas wouldn't care and Peyton defintely won't and Lucas would just be thrilled that he no longer has to share his best friend with his enemy, but with the way the writers are going by the time Lucas and Peyton have run their course Lucas will barely have any fan support which is very bad for the ratings since he gets more airtime then the other characters and the show revolves around his relationships. I hope the writers get a clue before it's too late.

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Crystal_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote