View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Cleveland Rocks
Loyal Fan

The Lucas and Haley fight struck me as kind of odd.

Haley had EVERY right to come down hard on Lucas about the Peyton and Brooke thing. She, as his best friend, was deserving of giving him a yell about it.

But, then BAM, Lucas shoots his mouth off about her being with Nathan. That is what shocked me. Two things stand out to me as possible reasonings as to why Luke exploded about this...

#1.. He wanted to try and get the heat off of him because Haley was coming down hard on him about the Peyton/Brooke stuff and he knew she was right and he just could not handle Haley being so right...

#2.. There was some hidden jealousy there about Haley being with Nathan.

I know many of you loathe the possibility of a romantic pairing of Lucas and Haley but I honestly feel like the writers are somewhat hinting at a vague possibility of a romantic pairing of Lucas and Haley in the distant future... I do not get this feeling with just plain words that are used between them, it is more of a hidden type of thing that I feel is going on. I just feel like the writers are deliberately giving some really vague hints about this possibility..

I mean, Lucas basically said way back when that he was fine with Haley being with Nathan. Yes, he did not like it because it was Nathan and he was in a bad place with Nathan at that point. But, it did not at all seem like he was jealous of Haley being with Nathan anything like that. And he basically told her like it was.. If she was happy, that is great.

And then, now, all of a sudden, he completely shows strong emotion and dislike for Haley being with Nathan. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. And the comment about where he said something about asking Haley if she thought of him every time she kissed Nathan. I don't know, but I honestly thought that was some jealousy coming out of Lucas.. It just seemed way too personal and he seemed way too consumed and upset about it for it to be completely platonic.

I may be totally off, but I honestly feel as if the writers are giving some hints about a Lucas/Haley romantic pairing in the distant future. I can just feel it now more than ever.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]