View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 12:27 PM
atwoodsmariano
Fan Forum Star

my own ask that I will re-post here

Anonymous asked: To add on to the last anon, in the Gilmore Guys ep for 6x18 they said that the way she says that she says “I can’t help it. I’m in love with him.” makes it sound like she wishes she wasn’t. I thought that was interesting.

I agree with that interpretation too, tbh. I always got the impression that Rory just hates being with Logan then and still having feelings for him, and this comes from the entire episode, not just her last scene with Jess at Truncheon. It’s why I always find the end of season 6 annoying because Rory feels stuck in a relationship that she doesn’t feel happy in, with someone that she feels like betrayed her. I also feel like the episode juxtaposes Rory’s life with Logan and her possible life with Jess, in how she feels angry and hurt by Logan and still hasn’t forgiven him for sleeping with the bridesmaids, in comparison to feeling a lot better and inspired when she comes to Truncheon to see Jess.

https://literatigifs.tumblr.com/post...e-last-anon-in

and this is someone’s reply to the post

propernervouslike said: DUDE YES I am rewatching for the millionth time and just hit that episode! She seems to light and happy and inspired when she sees Jess and is so angry and sad and closed off in the other scenes with Logan at this point