View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 06:52 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Wow do you guys get chatty when I don't pay attention to the thread.

When I was posting on the IMDB boards, now defunct, the big knock against Dean was that he was stalking Rory. HUH? Jess did nothing but stalk Rory from the minute he showed up in Stars Hollow, but in the minds of the R/J advocates, what Jess did was not stalking, but true love. Just because Dean showed up at her house unannounced one time it was stalking. No mention is ever made of Jess showing up unannounced, and basically forcing himself into the house.

Hmmm, I guess Jess thinks forcing himself onto Rory is acceptable. Just like he tried to force himself upon her sexually. His fans think so also, because he was really in love with her.

Dean is criticized for breaking up with her at the dance. He made her look bad. Nothing is mentioned about Rory making a fool out of him for weeks.

Another thing that will drive P/J'ers wild is the fact Rory rejected Jess's offer to run off to NYC, and then shortly afterwards slipped into bed with the married Dean.

When I watched the Gilmore Girls revival I was disgusted by the ending. ASP made it very clear where things were headed. The unmarried Rory Gilmore with child was going to have the exact same life as her mother. Pursuing a somewhat platonic relationship with a diner owner who is secretly in love with her.

At least Loreli knew who the father was. Rory can't say the same.

More later.