View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 02:26 AM
cherrios
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
I think that it's a lot worse in season 5 than 6. In 6 we also had a quite dramatic POV with a short temper and some serious issues, while I think it was quite jarring for Arthur's season as he always seemed like the most chill and smart (lbr) of the boy squad.
Yes exactly, it didn't jive with how he had been originally. Sure he was going through some serious stuff. And everyone has issues underneath that we know nothing about until we see through their eyes. But it just felt like this giant turn around or amping things up, just for the tension and drama and not because it was an improvement or realistic.

Like we knew that there were gonna be problems with Lucas and Eliott and I was fine with that. Because all couples have problems, that's not fake, that's realistic. But some of it didn't fit with the picture they had painted earlier in their season or the later seasons. Sure a relationship evolves, but not that quickly or in so many directions.

They could had shown Eliott talking to Lola about how important it is to communicate and trust those around you. Have Lucas know about the group, instead of Eliott lying to him and showing Lucas respecting and trusting Eliott to do his own thing. We saw Daphne and Baz's relationship, why not some of Eliott and Lucas if Lola was spending so much time with Eliott.

I think what annoyed me, was that they created all this stupid drama and then glossed over it, without showing how it was worked through and overcome. Like here some cute pictures of the boys all loved up to distract you from our lazy writing. And it wasn't just Eliott and Lucas's story, the whole season was like that.