View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 01:31 AM
3ku11
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songofjoy (View Post)
So very true! I feel like each of the couples happened and helped to develop each character. Your season 1 observation of Pacey is spot on. I viewed him as the class clown, who believed what his family had always told him he was and therefore BECAME them. I feel that even in their banter P/J were able to look past that and see the reality of each other. Joey much like Pacey saw herself through Dawson’s eyes and the rest of Capeside who looked down on her. But Pacey knew even in season 1 she wasn’t just the gawky too tall girl from down the creek. He knew she was smart and pretty. I feel even in the episode the Boyfriend, that there is a slight hint to that fact. He sees her talking to the drunk guy and tries to get her away from him, and the guy asks “Who are you her boyfriend?” Pacey replies “No, I’m just her friend.” And then under his breath says “God knows...” I feel like that was an early indication that the writers were wanting a P/J relationship even possibly in season 2 but decided against it.
Watching that now lol. I'm.glad they didn't get together that early. End of season 3 felt better.