View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 11:59 AM
elherts
Master Fan

My upstairs is exactly 10 degrees warmer than my downstairs. I try to stay downstairs as long as I can and then drop the thermostat 2 degrees before going to bed. I also bought a Vornado fan from Costco. Its tiny and SOOO powerful. I can't even hear it at all but whenever I'm on the phone, everyone asks if I'm in the car or outside. Very strange.

Ive been watching the NWSL Challenge Cup. So weird seeing some of my niece's ex teammates/Clubmates playing in the pros now. The finals are on now. And Ive been able to get the Phillies games the last few days on some obscure cable channel. My cable company pulls more to the New York teams so I can't watch all the Phillies games. I do get Fox Philly so I get all the Eagles games, but my brother who lives 15 more minutes north, does not. I went to a softball tournament last weekend so I've had my sports fill.

6 members of the Rutgers football team tested positive for Covid this week so they have shutdown their training for 14 days. Ive seen the players out and about so they aren't in a bubble. What did they expect, I'm sure they aren't properly social distancing.

You should go to Chicago. Seems like you have a good plan. Do you have to work? I went to an outdoor concert last night but we could only bring one car. I made everyone wear a mask in the car... 8 people. And then when there, the band was so loud we had to scream in each other's faces to communicate so thats not good. Our numbers have been down. I check them every day and yesterday they were up like 150. I hope that doesn't continue. I have VERY nervous about going back to school. We still have some time here so we have no idea what is going to happen.

I have a ton of gift cards, like hundreds of dollars that I need to spend. Im just not an online shopper but I'm getting better at it. I ordered some ink and paper for my computer and got 5 new bras from Macys. One of which I need to return.

I only knew Lenny Bruce was a real person from the REM song... lol. I love his character on MMM. Id love to read that paper when she's done.

K - your son has to order his own books? Our school gives them out. Is it a public school?

Awww Griswold looks so happy but it must be a bitch keeping him clean with his long hair. Yesterday, we were trying to train Scoobs to swim for the steps incase he ever just fell in. So we put him in the water facing various ways and various places and put treats at the top of the stairs. He did really well! Every time we were all screaming GOOODDD BOY, YOU ARE SO SMART!!! lol He just loves the attention and then would go running around the yard for a victory lap. I don't know why we waited until he was 8 to teach him this.

I'm jealous that you've been golfing so much. I even asked my parents to go (they were both excellent golfers in their day) but my dad had shoulder surgery last year and can't really lift his arm. My friend that I used to golf with was actually here from North Caroline this week but it was just way too hot. She quarantined before coming so she could see her parents but I was still a little weary anyhow.

I remember when Scoobs was neutered. He was so loopy but it was so cute. He acts that way after every shot too.