View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 07:09 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from the fact that this season killed off characters i liked, the character and plot development was all over the place. The story would dramtically shift focus, just drop all together, or change without a reasonable explanation to justify it! Sorry, but the latter part of this season left me with the impression that the writers have no real plan nor goal in mind and are winging the story as they move along! Granted, writers never have "everything" set in stone and there are always twist and turns throughout the plot development; however, season one appeared to have a direction/focus! Even with all of the unanswered questions in place!

For example...let's take the "monster." Season 1 displayed an invisible-like force that could thrash loudly throughout the jungle and took up space. It carried a life-threatening presence and intimidated the crash survivors on several occasions after killing the pilot from the plane. However, somehow, the "monster" managed to transform into a "black smokey entity" floating around the jungle in season 2. Now, i realize, the black smoke first appeared in the end of season one when it first attacked Locke but at that time i was left speculating were the "monster" and "the black smoke" two different concepts alive on the island? Then, season 2 came and along with it Eko. Eko and his confrontation with the "monster." So, i'm still waiting for the explanation on how the "monster" concept started out as an invisible, life-threatening "security system" and transformed into a black smokey entity that can apparantly read the "souls" of our survivors? There has been no justification to explain the sudden shift/change.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.