View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:58 AM
wolkenfuehlen
Elite Fan

20 Years Anniversary - July 12, 2020: A Final Celebration

Everyone has a summer they'll never forget...

Today marks the 20th anniversary of Young Americans airing on The WB, which means it's time to celebrate! Celebrate this lovely show that has touched so many of us, these actors that we've fallen in love with two decades ago and still follow now, and most of all this incredible community here.

thank you.
Everyone of you has a part in this celebration, no matter how small. You're all part of this community here, of "the little board that could". Nobody will ever understand how we kept the board going for so long, least of all us, but we did, thanks to every single one of you that stopped by, no matter if just for one post or for one hundred.

We're not quite sure how to say this, so we're just going to come right out with it: with this wonderful celebration, an anniversary I don't think any of us ever expected to reach here on FF, our time here on FF will come to an end on July 26th. We've spent months agonizing over this decision, but it seems like the right time now. Quit while you're ahead, right? There's not quite anything we could ever do to top a 20th anniversary.

And so our adventure ends. And some of us found our heroes, and others uncovered their fears. And one might even say: we've triumphed.
I'm not sure if it happened that day or that summer, but somehow we all felt older, and different. I knew I'd never forget any of it, and I decided I wasn't gonna let it end.
Because I realized we're not just given life experience. We're given the experience of life.

Let's party like it's the summer of 2000, one final time!