View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 06:27 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Melissa, I'll disagree with "The actors are with him because they want their movies to be as popular as the Marvel movies so they can start making their kind of money for just as long" since we've seen in a lot of occasions how directors and actors go against each other. Even as I mentioned with Superman II, Donner got cut however the actors had their jobs but Gene and Margot were outspoken with being agianst him being fired and Hackman was not in Superman 3 and of course Margot role was reduced so they introduced Lana Lang character as an attempt for a replacement.

The actors probably could've just been with him since he got screwed and Joss Whedon didn't do anything better for the project which is why I said I blame WB... they should've just pushed back Justice League... plain and simple. They would've made more money that way.

When it comes to the Synder fans, I think more people became fans when they watched that disgraceful Justice Leauge movie in the movie theathers like I did... but I will agree with you on this quote, "They probably should've just kept Synder's version and let it do well or flop." which is my exact point... I would've rathered seen Synder's version and judge for myself instead of an even worst movie that Joss was a part of.

Also, do not forget that it was announced last year that ONLY 10% of the film was Zach's work... TEN PERCENT??? which mean we really didn't see anything at all of Synder's.

People say Synder's was bad but let's not forget wat was said about Joss's version as well.

Quote:
Wagner has long been critical of Whedon’s “Justice League.” In an interview over the summer, Wagner said he cried all the way through watching Whedon’s drastically different version of the film than Snyder’s. The cinematographer said at the time that watching Whedon’s “Justice League” was so hard he couldn’t figure out how much of the original film was changed in reshoots. “A lot was changed,” he said. “It looked very different.” Now Wagner reasons that Whedon and Warner Bros. threw out 90 percent of what he shot with Snyder. Wagner was not involved in any of the “Justice League” reshoots.

Joss is going to get some blame for this film being bad BECAUSE if it was a great film, everyone would've been praising him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Me too, and I wonder if we'll see a Superman vs Darkseid showdown? You know if Clark has to face Darkseid before fully becoming Superman then it kinda reminds me of Smallville.

Yep. Yeah, the Lester version isn't so bad, and between the endings, I prefer the Lester version ending with Superman returning the American flag back to The White House and telling them he's sorry he's been away, he won't let them down again.

Of course, my personal favorite Reeve's Superman movie, or at least one that shows Clark isn't just a disguise is Superman III, and believe it or not as a kid it was my favorite Superman movie.

Yep, and there's speculation that the multiverse in the Crisis crossover was a test run to see if fans would react positively to it, and after they did WB/DC now plans on adding it to the movies.

Wait since DCEU Barry appeared in the Crisis crossover wouldn't the multiverse already exist in the DCEU?

I hope everyone is ok.

I love me some Smallville but they upset me a bit with the Darkseid & Doomsday battle fights although the Darkseid one was 10000x better.

I loved that scene in the bar when he came back to the men who attacked him. And gave the employees the money to fix the damage he did. lol

Did you like Clark/Lana in that movie?
Also that's not hard to believe... as a kid you just see things so much differently and not to judgmental on things. lol I sort of miss that mindset of not looking too much into stuff, just enjoying superheroes or whatever. lol

I wonder if we will get that Crisis Barry & Barry scene in the movie? That would be awesome!
I think the multiverse already exist but when we go back to DCEU version, they will be in the past... if that makes sense. lol

Of course, I hope the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, as I said, Tia, Joss' version was just a quick touch up. He wasn't given much to work with. In order for Joss to do a good job they'd have had to scrap the entire thing and start all over again from scratch, but they couldn't afford to do that.

How could you prefer Lester over Donner? Donner never got a chance to finish! His completed version would've been better.

They probably should've scratched the whole thing since only like 10% of Synder's stuff was actually shown. That's why I said WB should've just delayed the premiere date... would've fixed up things. They did that with Wonder Woman 2! They did it like 3 times... of course the recent time was because of Covid.

Just the stuff I watched from Lester was better even when it comes to how Lois found out his secret. All the Niagara Falls Scenes were way better! Just going by comparison of the completed stuff, I preferred Lester's however I loved being able to see both and judge for myself which is my point.

Let's say Zack's version is the worst movie in history, at least let me see and judge for myself.