View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 AM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Yeah, I'm sorry, dragonfire. I goofed again.

You're welcome. I hope you can see the distinctive style that Kirby had that came to define comics in the 1960s and early 70s.

Nah, I felt that Rachel was unnecessary in terms of Bruce's storyline. I'd have no problem if she were introduced as Harvey Dent's fiancé as part of his origin story, but I think there was already a female character in Harvey's life that they could've used for that role. But No, I don't think she was necessary to develop Bruce's storyline. Barbara Gordon would've worked just as well in that capacity, and wouldn't even have to be a love interest.

Those are my choices? Okay, a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as long as it was a one-shot. I don't need this dragging out too long.

Yeah, it makes me sad because I actually was a fan of Tim Burton's non-comic book related stuff, like Beetlejuice and Ed Wood. But I think time just passed him by. It makes me nostalgic for the 80s and 90s when I think of his work and how it was so much a product of that era. Movies were just brighter and a lot more fun back then.

Well, I told you that my idea for the MCU and the DCEU would be a six volume miniseries for each, which would focus on the individual characters, but the long term storylines would focus on Darkseid and Thanos.

Superhero movies are hot right now, but if you cram everything into a short time span it can get too much for any audience. Remember the slasher movie craze of the 1980s? No, you weren't alive. But that's one example. Movie genres tend to come and go in cycles.

Yeah, Disco. Really.

What I mean is that DC and WB's superhero movies just keep having one setback after another. I think they should've tried doing a shared cinematic universe back in the 1990s when they had the chance to beat Marvel to the punch, since WB has owned all of DC's titles since the 1970s.

Thanks for the article. OMG, another Pirates of the Caribbean movie? And Margot Robbie really bores me now. She's annoying.
It's ok.

Thanks again. I see, and thanks.

Ok.

Yep. I don't know the Batman Beyond movie could lead to sequels.

You were? Did you like Pee Wee's Big Adventure? You do? It does? Yeah, they were.

Oh, yeah you did tell me that.

Ok, I get what you're saying, and let's just agree to disagree about it.

I see, thanks for telling me, and do you think Disco will ever make a comeback?

Oh, ok, but better late than never.

No problem. To me, it sounds like maybe HQ: BOP but with POTC.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Variety
Listen: Zoë Kravitz on Robert Pattinson’s ‘Perfect’ Batman and Why She Wants ‘High Fidelity’ Season 2
https://variety.com/2020/tv/podcasts...on-1234689694/