View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 05:16 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, sum1! I hope you slept enough.

Hi, dragonfire! Again, we're all good.

Yep, sum1 is correct, Jack Kirby created Darkseid. What, you couldn't tell by the shape of his head? That's classic Kirby bubblehead design. Sadly, both Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko didn't stay with Marvel long after helping Stan Lee create what would become the Marvel Universe in the 1960s. Kirby went to work with DC and Ditko decided to try working on new characters for Charlton Comics, like Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, The Question, etc.

Well, whatever they do with the Burtonverse, it'll still be like an alternate reality and not the actual DCEU. They also can't do it for very long because eventually they're gonna want to bring Batman back into the DCEU whenever the hell they finish this Rob Pattinson experiment. Yeah, I know Pattinson's Batman is intended as a stand alone story, and it looks more like Batman meets Mad Max. Sorry, dragonfire, I just do not like anything that WB and DC are doing, not to mention Marvel.

I don't like Batman Beyond either, dragonfire. So that's not gonna make me feel any better about it. But I do hope Barbara gets her due one day. If it were me, I'd have introduced Barbara in Batman Begins as Oracle and eventually Batgirl, and not even used that damn Rachel Dawes character.

Well, at this point I simply no longer trust Hollywood to respect the source material, dragonfire. Hell, Marvel and DC aren't even respecting their own material anymore. So yeah, I'm done with them. I think the window to do great comic book adaptations has closed. The franchising is also making Hollywood lazy.

Well, on that I agree, Forever and Batman & Robin were not as good as Burton's films, even though I couldn't stand Batman Returns.

Okay, let's pretend that, dragonfire. If it makes you feel better.

I just hope that Cavill does another Superman movie soon. And I don't like the idea of multiple Batman versions because it's gonna start looking like the Arrowverse, dragonfire. From what I've seen, Pattinson's Batman won't even resemble the character from the comics at all. Like I said, this is more like Mad Max and Death Wish, not Batman.

Okay, win-win for you. I would've agreed with you back in 1989 when I first saw the movie, let's put it that way. Now it's too little, way too late for me.