View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:53 PM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Spier (View Post)
ADD ME NOW
adding!!

Quote:
What that is improvised?! Also, I love how she takes her chin I've noticed that Raelle has done that a few times
yes!! and so was the twirl!!!

Quote:
Were there any improvised or spontaneous Raylla moments that happened on the show?

TH: Too many to count. There were so many little moments. So much can change on the day of shooting – entire scenes can be rewritten! Sometimes because a writer has realizations, or because of a location, or the team thinks it feels better another way. We were blessed to have a collaborative group that truly listened to how we felt. Amalia was an INCREDIBLE scene partner. So innovative. She really thinks on the fly and follows her intuition. After doing something 17 times, she always finds a way to make it feel exciting and new. She sure can keep you on your toes (sometimes OFF)! Ultimately, my favorite thing about sharing a scene with her is her ability to make time slow down. She has such a patient energy to her; very present and grounded. I’m someone who loves to rush through everything, so it’s often difficult for me to truly drop in and stay there. Amalia always kept a free and creative air around her and it’s incredibly contagious. I really found this allowed for deeper connection and more play.

AH: There were some! I think most of them had to do with mine and Taylor’s physical ways of expressing love, as a cherry on top of a scene. In episode 3, there is a scene by the lacrosse field where the two say goodbye and I felt that the one scripted kiss was not enough for Scylla, so I leaned in for one more. I also improvised a playful lift in episode 5 that just felt natural in the context of the dialogue and the need to cheer each other up.

https://motherland.tumblr.com/post/6...otherland-fort
and also yes, taylor was asked many, many times about the chin-touches raelle does and she said "it was just her and amalia playing around "

their off-screen friendship is so cute.

S T A R D U S T