View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 12:14 PM
LysCat
Loyal Fan

After watching this last episode, I’m starting to think that Daisy and Sousa may develop some sort of romantic relationship. It’s partially based on the cast chat after hearing something that Clark Gregg said, but the pair were thrown together a bit in this episode. And him pretending to be her fiancé when she was trying to back away from her conversation with Gideon Malick…

I read an article this morning about how initially, Project Insight was introduced in Captain America: TWS and essentially killed the show towards the end of season one only for the show to now kill the project before the introduction of Captain America or the introduction to The Winter Soldier.

I find it funny that Gideon Malick approached Daisy in an effort to come onto her, given the fact that she killed him in season three. Which, by the way, what a putz. He offered her the same kind of beer he was drinking, not what she was drinking. And how he called after her ‘You’re welcome for the beer.’ Ugh. She should have turned around and said something more to him.

However, something tells me that by revealing her powers in front of Nathaniel Malick, he is going to turn into an even bigger threat than Gideon was during the original timeline the show introduced.

Also, I’m thinking that the gun that Sousa took from the hidden room will end up meaning something as well.

What I liked:

-The Intro. Totally awesome!

-May and Coulson working together again. I never cared for them as a romantic pairing, that wasn’t why I was watching. I never got invested the way I did with other couples of the show. However, I did love their friendship and listing to Coulson ask some of the questions that have been on viewers minds, it was nice to see.

-Watching Ming-Na’s performances when she’s inundated with other people’s emotions. My favorite so far, was the scene at the bar where she was contact drunk.

-The conversation about their ‘threads’ and Sousa referring to bell bottoms as elephant pants. And the roundabout way he discovered the group wasn’t from the 70’s. BTW, there’s something different about Chloe in this episode. I can’t put my finger on it, but she looks…different to me.

-I could keep mentioning Sousa, because it’s fun to see all of his reactions to things. Two of my favorite though were when he was reacting to Daisy’s phone and the fact that it was able to not only take a picture, but that he could zoom in and out on it. It was such a light and airy conversation until Daisy mentioned that he looked okay for a guy who just aged 20 years. And then it all went serious.

-Deke sticking up for Jemma when Sousa was confronting her.

What I didn’t like:

-The thing with Jemma. The red glowing and Enoch’ concern for her. Does it glow red because the Chronicoms are going through her memory? We’ve already got a new empath in May, Yo-Yo’s powers are wonky, Fitz is still MIA, and Deke is…Deke. Right now, I’m thinking that Daisy, Coulson and Mack are the only ones physically and emotionally well. Which doesn’t present good odds since the Chronicoms have teamed up with Hydra.

-The group blowing up the rocket. I mean obviously they had to, but now they’re back to being criminals again and I hated that story arch in the second season. Oh and killing Malick? That doesn’t help.

-The idea that Daisy is once again going to be experimented on. What? Once wasn’t enough during the framework? How about a second time when Fitz was going crazy in season 5? And Daniel Whitehall? Does that mean we are going to see Jaying or Cal in the next few episodes?
LysCat is offline   Reply With Quote