View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:11 AM
rice14
New Fan

Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition - Full Series with Original Music

I'm extremely proud to announce the completion of my quarantine project - Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition. This is a fanmade release of the full series with all the original music, and all the widescreen episodes possible.

You may or may not have been aware of European broadcast recordings of the show floating around the internet, brought to this forum's attention by the user rtrompert. It's great those exist, but the video quality was really lacking, and the audio was a bit compressed as well. What I did was take that source material, and splice in each song change with the original audio track from the DVD release, meticulously synchronizing both tracks. I then remuxed the resulting audio with the DVD video, resulting in a perfectly untouched video stream, and the original music.

Not only that, I included the broadcast widescreen episodes from Seasons 4-6, as well as direct DVD rips of a European Widescreen DVD release titled "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" To get a bit technical, I also corrected for what's known as the "PAL Speedup", meaning they took a 24fps video and sped it up to play on their video standard at 25fps, resulting in a faster runtime and slightly higher pitched voiced. They also stretched out the opening titles sequence, making it look distorted to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. This was all fixed in my release.

In addition, this release provides the most comprehensive version of the series finale that currently exists, with all the deleted scenes + widescreen video where possible.

Dawson's Creek True Love Edition is available in both Digital and DVD versions. I have a folder full of video files, and a folder full of .iso's ready to burn. Why did I go through all this trouble? I love the show, and I can't bear the thought of the original broadcast music being lost to time. I even made custom DVD menus, Disc Labels & DVD Case Jackets.

So, I need your help. I want this to exist out there on the internet, and be as available as possible. If you think you can help me do that, please PM me or reach out to me on Instagram at @creekfan3. Please note that I am NOT selling this and I don't want it to be sold, this is a free product created by a fan, for the fans. Thank you!