View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 03:20 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
So far there hasn't been any CA-ness since it's set in Doyle era season 1 but it's really good nonetheless.
It sounds like a good Angel character piece, which I am here for (though of course, any CA is always the most welcome bonus).

Quote:
While he did come to care about her, he didn't seem to mind that he was using her on some level because the purpose of this cumshuck was for him to steal the visions from her nor did he seem to believe it wrong that she was going to be ignorant of that fact.

One could argue that he saw it as an honor rather than abusive, an inverted version of what Wilson did to her and was not aware of the extent of her knowledge but to not have properly checked with her can not be justified.
If memory serves, he just happened to throw the visions clause out there by chance.
I can't remember this well, though I do vaguely recall him just expecting her to be happy to give him the visions. Our convos are making me more intrigued to re-watch the arc haha.

Quote:
From the little I've gathered from such, I didn't think she was dating him, I thought she literally found him dead while confronting him to ask him out. Or was that the fic you were talking about?
I think she was dating him. She's kissing him in the car in the opening of the episode. He was also helping her set up for the dance like a boyfriend might.

Quote:
Kevin: I'll get everything tonight after practice. The guys'll help me.
Cordelia: Well, it's all in the A-V room. The sound system, and the
decorations... And, oh, Aura needs help, um, moving the coolers.
Kevin: Don't sweat it!
Cordelia: Well, bring everything to the Bronze, and I'll meet you there
in the morning!
Kevin: Done!
Cordelia: (giggles) You're so sweet! Why're you so sweet?
Kevin: I dunno! 'Cause I'm usually mean as a snake!
She smiles at him.

She also says this in the episode: Cordelia: I was sitting where Kevin and I used to park, and all of a sudden these things are coming at me!

So she and Kevin had 'car dates' more than once.

She found him dead after he didn't show up at the Bronze with the equipment like promised.

Quote:
Wasn't he the third guy she liked who ended up being more interested in Buffy, the other two being Angel and Owen? If that isn't a case of bad memory, poor Cordy. What is that BS (the statistics I mean, not that there is anything wrong with preferring Buffy)?! Though that would be very Joss.
I don't recall Kevin having a thing for Buffy. He barely had lines/was a character for us to know either way, and I think was only in the one episode? Wasn't her date in 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight' named Mitch? I guess Kevin was Mitch's replacement.

I also remember her dating Devon in early S2 (also an ass).
Xander, Owen, and Angel are the three I can think of who she expressed interest in but preferred Buffy.

Oh, also Richard, the complete jerk canoe in Reptile Boy. Cordy was flirting with him, and he and his friend had her introduce them to Buffy.

Quote:
In 'Cursed' by Chelle, we learn that she lost her virginity to a jock named Rick in the back of his car and it was a drunken quickie (for clarification, it was just he who was drunk). That's all the detail we get but it's heavily implied that it was uncomfortable for her and when she's having sex with Angel later it's directly established that she's never climaxed before.

In 'Mistletoe Mansion' by Becjane, when Angel and Cordelia are sent not just into the past but into their past bodies, Cordelia tells Angel that she's a virgin again.
We don't get details of her first experience or even the identity of her partner so it's possible that he was a clueless virgin himself rather than a jerk but when Angel takes her she's surprised that it was painless (and it doesn't even occur to Angel to consider the possible scenarios, all he can compute is Cordelia + pain = his predecessor making his hate list ).
I'm not sure I read either of those fics . I need to amend that quickly. Those sound like quality reads and I like both those authors' other work.

Quote:
How Angel uses his Pylean vamp mode to fight for her even though he's literally petrified of it.

Not to mention how hot and badass he looks when he challenges Groo to a fight with the torch.

Quote:
It's also the one and only time Cordy gets a vision from the past (Fred's entrapment) which was unique.
Interesting point. I never put that together before.

After the Jasmine ****ery in S4...now I have to wonder if it even was a vision from the Powers, or some of Illyria's worshipers making it happen. Unless TPTB wanted Fred to become Illyria?

The Powers get more and more useless the more I watch this show.

Quote:
FYI it's CC's favorite arc! She mentioned this in a tweet in which she expressed sorrow that the wildfire here in California had destroyed the original Pylea sets.
Aw, that's so sad about the fire.

Quote:
For example, Cordy wanting to ask Angel to dance at the Bronze in--what was it, 'Reptile Boy'?
That was in When She Was Bad (the S2 pilot).

It was when she was confronting Buffy about her treatment of Xander and Willow.

Quote:
Buffy: I think it's about time you start minding your own business.
Cordelia: It's long past.
Buffy: (turns and goes) Nighty-night. (flips up her hood)
Cordelia: I'll just see if Angel feels like dancing.
Sadly, we'll never know if Cordy actually was going to ask him to dance, or was just saying that...or if Angel would've said yes or not, bc Cor was immediately kidnapped before she could go back into The Bronze.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 06-12-2020 at 04:33 PM