View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 06:55 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Look how married they were.

Quote:
There's a flashback in which Liam is tucking her into bed and she asks him what a soul looks like. He tells her a soul shines with colors and while at the time he was speculating, he finds out he was spot on when he gets his first glimpse at this child's stolen soul in a vial. I think he also tells her that her soul would be the prettiest, it's really sweet.

Basically, demons are using human souls to create a supernatural heroin or something. It's been a while and I actually need to finish it.
That actually sounds pretty good. Maybe I should read it.

Quote:
Right, but I was going off of how Groo actually told Cordy that he was only compatible with cows(humans) though considering how he was manipulated into attacking Angel I could see him being told that as a **** blocking lie.
I don't even remember him telling her that so clearly a re-watch is needed.

Quote:
That's true, but again his expected performance of that role was manipulated at least in some part.
True.

I wonder what Groo's stance on the whole comshucking thing was? Was he being pushed into doing it? Did he want to do it and felt he'd earned it as a champion? He did respect Cordy's agency in not wanting to comshuck iirc.

Was it just because she was his 'princess' and he clearly liked her? Would he be so respectful to another human woman or demon woman? I hope so.

This is the most I've thought about Groo in my entire life.

Quote:
This is no doubt how authors who write her losing her virginity to an ******* jock in high school formed such logic and validly so.
There's one fic (I think a Dock fic) that had her lose her virginity to the highschool jock, Kevin, she was dating in 'Prophecy Girl' right before he was killed by vampires.

I think Kevin was a jerk who was just using her, but he died before she could see his true colors, so to her knowledge, he was a good guy and their time together was special. I'd much prefer her first time with Kevin then Wilson, (tho there's some evidence it might've been Wilson), so that's my headcanon.

She seemed pretty crazy about Kevin.

Quote:
Willow: He probably forgot. It's not *that* big a deal.
Cordelia: Uh, you don't understand. I'm not mad! He totally flaked on
me. On me! And I don't even care. God help me, I think it's cute! Oh...
Quote:
It's truly tragic that in canon she didn't get to have much of the sex life she deserved. So yay for fanfics and sex god Angel!
I second this and 100% agree.

Quote:
Now I think we need to make 'Belonging' our next watch party ep.
In fact, I wouldn't mind doing the entire Pylea arc one ep at a time. There are a few ways in which I'd have preferred it to go differently but I did like it nonetheless.
Count me in. I love that arc. Like you said, it's imperfect, but fun, none the less. There's quite a lot of CA goodness. Angel's desperation to get Cordy back is everything. Plus, Angel in the sun is such a cutie.

I know some people dislike those episodes bc it veers into the fantasy/fairy tale genre which ATS doesn't usually do, but that's exactly why I like it.

Quote:
I don't remember the instance in 'The Prom' but there was also her somewhat 'Eternity' parallel moment in 'Homecoming'.
With Buffy and Giles knocked unconscious she had to face Gortch alone armed with nothing but a spatula and her sharp tongue and she totally made him wet his pants! She saved Buffy's life then as well and Giles'.
OMG. My flop memory strikes once again! Sorry, I meant to say 'Homecoming' not 'The Prom'. That's the moment I was talking about.

My super fan card should be revoked.

On the SMG board for the Cordy/Buffy thread, we once used the title 'Because Cordy's mouth saved Buffy's life.'

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com