View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 09:43 AM
LysCat
Loyal Fan

Season 7 Episode 3: Alien Commies From the Future

This is by far my favorite episode of the season. They are now sent to the year 1955.

My favorite conversation as played out was nice throwback to season one:
Coulson: We know area 51 is a SHIELD base
Daisy: We do?
Coulson: All the ‘areas’ are.
Daisy: Wow, conspiracy me was so right.

What I liked:

- Yo-Yo’s “Please tell me that is an oldie’s station,” when they heard the radio commercial. And then Daisy’s “55, as in our giant space ship just appeared in the sky in 1955.” Which prompted Coulson’s words about being confused for an alien spaceship which ‘probably happens all the time.’

- The scene in the diner with Mack and Yo-Yo. It was nice to see her vulnerability, because she’s hardly ever like that.

- Likewise, in the diner Coulson and Daisy were seated together. As Coulson spoke about it being ‘a golden age if innovation,’ Daisy broke into his excitement, questioning him about it before pointedly looking at the white bathrooms and the colored bathrooms.

- Jemma, playing the part of Peggy Carter. You knew it was going to go belly up when Daniel Souza showed up.

- The scene where the scientist showed off the tech to Coulson and Jemma, it was completely enjoyable.

- Huh, so Souza thought there were sleeping agents in SHIELD…

- May’s reaction when she and Yo-Yo went into the base. Not that I liked that she melted down, but she’s been so robotic up until that point, maybe it was what she needed to begin to heal? Gotta say, I was fearing the worst for her before that happened.

What I didn’t like:

- As a resident of Nevada for a majority of my life, it really irritates me when people pronounce it ‘Nev-uh-duh’ instead of ‘Nev-va-duh.’

- I didn’t like the font used to showcase the name of the show, or rather, it’s not as pretty as the previous one.

- Souza’s reaction to ‘Peggy Carter’ being there, obviously before he saw her. He didn’t seem excited to see her. She probably broke his heart. According to A:EG, Steve traveled back to 1949 to be with Peggy, meaning she probably broke Souza’s heart to reunite with Steve. But it was enjoyable to see him fix himself up before joining her.

- If bullets don’t affect the Chronicoms (as we saw in this episode), why bother hiding from the bullets (like what happened at the shoot-out at the end of the previous episode)?

As for the preview of the next episode… I hope that the team stops whomever it was that killed Souza. Poor guy, at least give him a chance to live.
LysCat is offline   Reply With Quote