View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Thanks for the reminder. Love your icon, btw.

And IA. Angel laughed at her Barbie dream car joke in Halloween. Suffice to say, he always appreciated her humor.
Although he was supposed to look disgusted and uncomfortable and DB epic failed at that, that was definitely legit. We see other moments where he seems enthralled to be around her and her confidence and we know he's into cars from the analogy he used in TVT that she didn't appreciate.

"Did you just compare me to a car?"
"Well, it was a very nice car."

I forget if there are any moments in the series that support it but I've read fics where doesn't like to let other people drive his GMX not even Cordy because it's like his baby.

'Long Time Coming' is one. I remember when the Fang Gang went to LA to check with Lorne if the revised curse to secure his soul worked, Faith wanted to drive his car and he refused until the return trip so he could hold Cordy while she slept. Even then he was watching her pretty closely. Hehe.

I've also read one or two where he rages at Cordy for "borrowing" his car without asking and denting it in minor accidents.

Quote:
Oh, nice idea. I could go for a CA in Sunnydale watch party. It's your turn to pick the episode, as well.
Right. Let's see.
I'm having a tough time choosing between To Shanshu in LA, Birthday, and That Vision Thing.

Quote:
I'd love to read a fic of that.

Am I a bad person for not minding teenage Connor erased? Then again, it would also give Connor a do-over and the life he missed growing up with Cordy & Angel.
If so then I'm an even worse person because I wouldn't mind infant Connor being erased as well and I've read at least one fic where he is as an indirect byproduct of the larger plot as it's established that Angel killed Darla instead of boned her not long after Dru re-turned her.
This is one I have in my rec list:

Promise Me by Misha.

I personally prefer eraser fics to fixers though I'd totally read the plot I mentioned and ironically one of the fics I hope I can see through is a fixer (Or well, more like a different but better dumpster fire that is able to be fixed with no deaths).

Quote:
Yeah, he was brought in as a lazy writing C-block for CA.

I never disliked Groo himself, though. I appreciate that he recognized Cordy for the Queen she is (unlike, say, Xander). He treated our girl well, so I'll give him that.
IA, though the one thing that still bothers me about him is that as nice a pet name as Princess passes for, he NEVER once called her by her actual name. He never even references it until ATF. I almost wondered if he even knew it but then Cordy of course would make sure he did.

Quote:
I think part of Angel dismissing it was bc he doesn't believe he deserves happiness or anything close to it and also bc he didn't think he was good enough for Cordy.
IA entirely, he even tells Lorne outright that he doesn't feel good enough.
"What can I offer her?"
Funny thing is if Cordy knew this she'd probably fume and go "Shouldn't I be the judge of that?!"

Quote:
I think part of her denial was because of how 1) men had hurt her in the past (Xander, her dad leaving and being a terrible father, Angel's beige period). 2) Cordy pursued Angel in the past and got looked over for Buffy (that would've stung). 3) She had a front row seat to the BA forever drama in Sunnydale and 4) probably got used to burying any attraction she felt for him because of their friendship - she wouldn't want to ruin it. I think a huge reason she didn't recognize Angel's feelings for her when they deepened into romantic territory was because she'd utterly convinced herself he'd never feel that way and that he was off limits.
I couldn't have said it better, what I wanna know is why no one tried to talk to her about it as Fred and Lorne did Angel.

I suppose her history could be a factor but how would they know? I don't expect that she was really open about it or that Angel would disrespect her privacy by talking about it behind her back.

Quote:
We also theorized about Jasmine possibly keeping CA apart and maybe having some influence on Cordy as early as the end of Birthday (when Cordy was 'demonized' into a higher power).
I remember and still believe there is certainly a distinct possibility of that based on that freaky ass Connor healing bit if nothing else.

they win"
- Stephen King