View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 03:22 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
True, but I think that might be because a soul needed saving in the first instance, but the only soul in danger in the second one was hers.
That's a good point, in the 'Judgment' scenario someone was in imminent danger, and with her having become more and more selfless over the course of the season I can see how she didn't immediately see herself as the victim in this particular situation.

Hell, now that I think of it, even in BtVS she'd never see herself as a victim, even when she directly was one such as in 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight' and even with the non-demonic stuff such as Xander the rebar and the whole IRS thing.
Of course, she was terrified and heartbroken, I'd have questioned her humanity if she hadn't been but other than her one or two lines in AtS about fearing karma she never went into a 'woe is me' mode at least not outwardly.

The Karma lines bring up another excellent point, she's only ever let herself be her most openly vulnerable in front of Angel and her AtS family.
She had her moments in BtVS (i.e her line about feeling alone to Buffy in OOMOOS) but those were just glimpses/previews.
'Tu Shanshu in LA', 'Expecting' and 'That Vision Thing' just to name the biggest examples were the full-length show.

Quote:
This convo makes me wonder about another scene, though...

From the pilot:

Quote:
Russell: "Now you know me. You don’t have to worry anymore."
Cordelia looks down then back up at him: "What do you want me to do?"
I wonder if Cordy was contemplating that her visit with Russel was, maybe, possibly, a casting couch sort of scenario? Not that I judge her, either way. She was clearly starving and struggling to put food on the table.
Oh gosh. I'd never noticed that before.

I don't judge either. As we've stated she was living in a condemnable apartment and having to attend parties to feed herself on top of searching for acting jobs.

To be honest, even though she waited until the third date to have sex with Wilson which tells us a lot about her morals, under her aforementioned circumstances at that point, I could see her being reluctantly willing to accept prostitution jobs.
From what I've gathered on TV, most women are forced into it as opposed to choosing it because it pays fairly well.

I'm reminded of a fic that is set in an AU Birthday!verse in which that director that supposedly running into Angel made her miss at the penthouse party ended up leading her into prostitution instead of into her own sitcom.
Angel, who still ended up with the visions after Doyle's death but continued to answer them alone, no Wes or Gunn ends up saving her from being raped and killed (which interestingly considering the absence of demons or supernatural elements was a vision).

The ending is bittersweet but it's quite well done and does have some nice CA moments and good smut.

Once again however, I've read too many and the title and author have escaped me.

Quote:
Also, I'd love to know your thoughts on this scene:

https://therearenopeoplelikeus.tumbl...25107271221248

Interesting that Darla's mind voodoo manifested in him getting all up close and personal with Cordy. Was there already a denied attraction - a part of him that longed to be closer to her? He didn't smell Wesley's hair, I'll just say that.
I'm just now noticing how in those second to last two GIFs before she gets up, he's actually petting her hair.

As I told you on Discord I believe he's feelings started for her in 'Tu Shanshu in LA' even though he didn't realize it, so I absolutely think there was an attraction there and he was essentially drunk which supposedly is when the truth comes out most. Suck that Darla (which one could say she did in 'Offspring' hehe)!

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 05-26-2020 at 08:18 PM