View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 03:14 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Really?
Of course, it's always possible that my memory is bad but I could swear that in the flashback where Whistler finds Angel in an alley eating a rat, he introduces the concept of butcher shop blood because he's like 'Dude, there's a more respectable deal available than crawling around in the streets eating rats'.
From the 'Angel' transcript:

Quote:
Darla: (walks to the fridge) Is that what you tell yourself these days?
She opens the refrigerator and sees the bags and bottles of human blood.
Darla: You're not exactly living off quiche. (closes the fridge)
From Becoming Part 1:

Whistler: What are you eating? (they continue across) Like, a rat once
a month?
Angel strays and almost walks into another car. Whistler grabs him again
and pulls him back in time.
Whistler: Hey! (car honks, they continue) Look, you're skin and bones
here! Butcher shops are throwing away more blood in a day than you could
stand. Good blood. (they reach the far side) You lived in the world a
little bit, you'd know that.

That did happen.

But he was also drinking human in 'Angel'. Maybe something he 'treated' himself to once and awhile? Or had a weak moment?

Quote:
That whole scene of course was protective!Angel salty goodness.
Yes! That director is lucky he didn't get maimed like Lindsay.

Quote:
It also kind of stung when Anne asked: "ex-girlfriend?" and Angel's response was "god no!".
I like to think his vehemence was a bit of the old 'he doth protests too much' and also because he was so determined to shun her and the AI team at that point. I think he was trying to make himself believe that Cordy meant nothing to him at that point. (I do love that Anne assumes Cordy is his ex, haha).

Quote:
Considering the amount the Chases probably owed for tax evasion it's quite likely their house was foreclosed, and I'm guessing Cordy's car which had to have been under their name was repossessed.
I always assumed that as well.
Quote:
On the subject of her car, it's crazy how we see her learning to drive on screen. She was in driver's ed when she was blinded in 'The Witch' and had previously flunked it twice. Compare that to her talking to herself in her jeep as she drove to meet Angel at the beach in 'Tomorrow'.
Oh and there the fact that she goes from a convertible to a jeep.
Wow, I never made that connection before. She really did have the most amazing growth pre-S4. We saw her grow up before our eyes.

Quote:
Was she 18 yet when the whole IRS thing happened? I was thinking of this fic I read that claimed that had she been 18, with her parents having fled country, the responsibility would have fallen on her. I don't know if the author had that correct but if so it wouldn't surprise if that didn't even occur to them or if they just didn't care.
Not sure if that's true or not either (I can see her parents not caring tho). She was just getting her license in S1 as you mentioned, so she was 16 minimum there. Which would make her 18 in season 3 or about to turn 18.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com