View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 02:31 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
I don't really go to many places to see that from other fans. They are probably more in it for the scifi aspects of the show, so the relationship pieces don't resonate as much. But whether they like it or not, shippers are passionate viewers who can keep TV shows on the air. Hey, I dislike both Clexa and Becho more than I can say. But, the fans who ship those pairings are viewers who see something special there. Without that special connection between characters, the plot thins and you get mostly exposition dialogue and special effects. The relationships of the characters are what keep me watching, not jumping through wormholes and time. I already watched that show. It was called Stargate.

Even though my opinions are set in that I think Jason has been playing the Bellarke community for years, we haven't seen the episodes play out, yet. Hopefully, there will be some pleasant surprises.

We've seen the media hoopla over Bellamy being missing from one episode. Can you imagine the fallout if he is barely in the show, or has no scenes with Clarke? This is the Head and the Heart we're talking about. I don't think JR is that stupid. Though he claims that fans (and the show's leading man) have misinterpreted the meaning, he has written Bellarke as the #1 relationship on the show. I don’t think he will totally back pedal on that now. It's just a shame that all of this happened now, when everyone should be excited about the final season.

Instead, the fans and media are distracted by the absence of the Heart of the show. All JR had to do was keep his ego in check and think of the fans, whom he mentions as an afterthought in the media. All he had to do was give Bob/Bellamy his rightful # 2 spot in the countdown. Or put him in the damn poster, since he is actually the one IN the anomaly. If he was trying to send a message, it has been received. Hopefully, the fans who he treats like dirt will respond in kind if his lame ass prequel sees the light of day.

I mean . . . you pretty much said it all here! I couldn't agree more. With everything. Go off, sis. What choice do I have but to stan?

I'm so, so worried we won't even get any meaningful Bellarke scenes this year. I think they're gonna make Bellamy just all about Octavia. Which is obviously an integral relationship of the show, but it's not THE integral relationship. But I'll enjoy watching JR get raked over the coals when and if that happens.
ICON