View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
We did.

About his days on BTVS...I saw someone else pointing out that in early BTVS he actually had human blood in his fridge. Interesting if true. Wonder if that was a writer oversight or if Angel didn't start drinking pig until later?
Really?
Of course, it's always possible that my memory is bad but I could swear that in the flashback where Whistler finds Angel in an alley eating a rat, he introduces the concept of butcher shop blood because he's like 'Dude, there's a more respectable deal available than crawling around in the streets eating rats'.

I actually started an AU of 'Are You Now--' in which Cordelia ends up in the 1952 Hyperion and inadvertently introduces Angel to pig's blood when the bottled human blood in his room and fumes.
Speaking of which I wish we'd learned more about where he'd gotten that bottled human blood. That was quite interesting.

Though it would also make sense that the incident with the Killer of the Dead and Buffy's blood could have completely turned him off human blood in any form.

Quote:
I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Awesome. As am I!

Quote:
That's awesome. She has good taste. My brother had an ATS kick back in the day (he binged most of my DVDs in a week), but he quit the show around S4 and hasn't watched since. He liked Cordy and CA, but Darla was his favorite character. Once Darla was killed off and Cordy's character was assassinated, he lost interest quick.
I don't blame him.
It took me a year after season 4 to watch season 5 as a whole not just YW and I only gave in because of all the references I wasn't able to understand. Once was enough.

My stepsister and her fam were here again yesterday and she watched some more in our living room. She was in beige season 2 and I had to watch Angel giving Cordy's clothes to Anne's shelter.

It also kind of stung when Anne asked: "ex-girlfriend?" and Angel's response was "god no!".
Such a contrast from 'Belonging' when the douche director assumes Angel is Cordy's boyfriend and neither bothers to correct him. I loved that. That whole scene of course was protective!Angel salty goodness.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. She had to be staying in a hotel since her parents had everything taken from them (and I'm assuming their house as well? had they kept the house, Cordy wouldn't have been broke).
Considering the amount the Chases probably owed for tax evasion it's quite likely their house was foreclosed, and I'm guessing Cordy's car which had to have been under their name was repossessed.

On the subject of her car, it's crazy how we see her learning to drive on screen. She was in driver's ed when she was blinded in 'The Witch' and had previously flunked it twice. Compare that to her talking to herself in her jeep as she drove to meet Angel at the beach in 'Tomorrow'.
Oh and there the fact that she goes from a convertible to a jeep.

Was she 18 yet when the whole IRS thing happened? I was thinking of this fic I read that claimed that had she been 18, with her parents having fled country, the responsibility would have fallen on her. I don't know if the author had that correct but if so it wouldn't surprise if that didn't even occur to them or if they just didn't care.

Quote:
I know what you mean. I look at all the details (and plot holes) because I love the show and am interested. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't care to look closely or ask questions.
Exactly!

Quote:
I totally headcanon that she regularly stayed in Angel's room in S3 to help with baby Connor. They seemed so comfortable and relaxed at the end of Provider, that I can easily see her having fallen asleep with them or staying the night before.
Head canon accepted!
That 'Provider' end scene was so precious and looked so completely natural.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 05-23-2020 at 12:49 PM