View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 AM
***BLONDIE***
Elite Fan

I was rewatching some of Season 3 today and it's funny the stuff you see, that you didn't understand back then, but do now. Like Joey accepting going to the prom as Dawson's date, knowing how that would make Pacey feel. It irritated me so bad back then. I never thought she did it because she loved Dawson more or anything, I was just annoyed she accepted and Pacey had to watch from afar. I get it now though. Like we were all talking about. Dawson being her escape. Even then, it's clear her feelings for Pacey overwhelmed her to the point of running, right at the start of their relationship. It felt very real to her and instead of facing what she felt (which we're suppose to believe it was because she didn't want to to hurt Dawson and just wanted P/D friendship to go back) Which I do think that was part, but I think it more had to do with her not being ready for those feelings for Pacey, so it was easier to push him away and go back to the childhood safe zone. Same in True Love. When she told him she couldn't give him a reason to stay, but cried at the thought of him leaving and her being stuck with Dawson, because she was too scared to take that leap. I really do think it had more to do with her wanting to run, then it ever really had to do with Dawson. I'm glad she stopped and went to him and told him how she felt.

It still annoys me that Dawson took her to prom tho.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)