View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 08:00 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Interesting. Shame on Kevin for allowing this to take place. He didn’t have to permanently bail, he could have been a consultant and mostly been around planning each season.
He obviously didn't care, and that trait has held true the the subsequent shows that he's been in charge of and abandoned.

Quote:
It was worse, especially since they entirely made a mockery out of mental health.
I completely agree.

Quote:
I am actually one of the few people who found the character of Jack boring. While I liked the Jen and Jack friendship it was obvious this friendship was created to keep Jen’s attention away from dating anyone seriously who could show up the IT girl. They had Henry humiliate her in the end, CMMs character treat her like garbage but want to be a prince for Joey, and the guy in college (J. Ackles character) didn’t treat her perfectly either. Of course the second time with Dawson was only to make Joey jealous.

Having Jack around as a Jen distraction did nothing for me when Andie was tossed away. Maddening.
I also found Jack boring and I agree that they put Jack and Jen together mainly because they were no longer Dawson and Joey's love interests and they needed to do something with them, but they discarded Andie entirely, which I think was so incredibly unfair.

Quote:
Dawson was out of character from 3.1 and on. That is why I was so mad about it. In no way do I buy Dawson rejecting Joey in the beginning of season 3 given his feelings for her. Instead he was focused on Eve. Then there was Dawson being humiliated by PJ and then attempting to make Dawson look like the villain and Pacey the knight. Honestly, Dawson would have been better off being written off the show so he wasn’t the out of character punching bag.
To be honest, I don't blame Dawson for not wanting to get back with Joey right away in Season Three, because she had broken his heart twice in the previous season, so I do think he needed some time to heal before he would want to be back with her, but him and Eve were horrible, and I don't think that he would have waited for as long as he did to try and get back with Joey.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy