View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 07:25 PM
Modo1013
Part-Time Fan

Hey All! Hope everyone is doing ok during this crazy time.

It bothers me that my first post back in these forums is in the rant thread. But, I just gotta.

When I noticed that Bob wasn't in the S7 poster, I didn't think too much about it...at first. Thought maybe it was plot related. But now I'm reading that it may be intentional because JR and Bob had some sort of falling out. Could it have been over Bob calling him out over the whole "misinterpreting" BS?

If so, what an unprofessional **** of a showrunner JR is. Bob Morley is a huge reason why the show even made it to 7 seasons. He seems to actually care about the show and isn't just in it for a paycheck. It's a travesty that it took until the final season for the man to make second billing, a spot that I believe he should have had since s3 (maybe even by the second half of season 2).

Ima be hella pissed if Bellamy gets a crappy storyline or killed off because JR is a petulant child. Or because Kim Shumway hates the Bellamy character. She can shove it. If she is that biased, she has no business being JR's # 2. What a pair! What a way to shoot yourself in the foot with fans and ruin the legacy of the series. But I wouldn't put it past them. So as I always do, I'll keep my expectations low for anything Bellarke related or Bellamy getting a decent storyline. I was really looking forward to s7, but now I'm just apprehensive that JR is gonna pull some nasty crap to justify his version of a "happy ending".

I've been watching TV longer than most and I have never seen a showrunner treat the fans the way this dude treats them. Now all he seems to care about is his shiiny new prequel. Perhaps he should talk to a real showrunner about what to do before he embarks on the next project. 1) Finish the damn story that you have been fortunate to get to tell,. 2) Treat the beloved characters with respect and don't sideline them for BS reasons or bloat the story with new characters that fans don't give a fig about. 3) Too little, too late, but don't treat your most loyal, passionate fans like idiots who don't know what is being shown onscreen. Save your misinterpreting speeches for the audience at home.

To be honest, I didn't feel even a little bit bad when I read that the CW was putting the prequell temporarily on hold. I wish the new actors and crew luck with it. I already know plenty about what went down before and plenty about the grounders. I'm really not interested. It will be no surprise to anyone that i will NOT be watching when it finally airs in 2021 or whenever it happens.

Rant over. See y'all in the episode threads. Be well. Stay safe.