View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 09:49 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
It's a fun little show. Of course, I watched mostly for him.
If I watch it, it's 100% going to be for him.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. Up until that point, ATS had done a good job of not separating Angel & Angelus into 2 different entities, but S4 seemed to take that previously established canon and throw it out the window. That's also why I don't like the episode where he confronts Angelus with Faith on his vision quest. It had the potential to be awesome, but it was written in a way that seemed to actively work against the message of the show.
Hmmm. I'm gonna have to rewatch Orpheus. It was the one episode other than Awakening I had liked of season 4 primarily for the glimpses into Angel's past.
I found Angel's conflict with the man who'd been shot in the diner robbery to have been brilliant (Is it still a sin to feed on a victim he did not kill himself?), it highlighted his character growth well.

Admittedly, however, the vision quest itself was strange. I never quite understood what caused it and IA about the Angel vs. Angelus fight.
That would have been a lot more substantial and relevant had it been the present/champion Angel rather than 70's hobo Angel. Using the concept to symbolize the inner struggle between the soul and the demon instead of it being Angelus scrutinizing his past would have been quite profound.

In retrospect considering Angelus's MO is to go at the most important people in Angel's life and that he was not aware of Cordy's possession, he was inconsistent in this regard. I remember him verbally going after Connor and Fred but entirely ignoring Cordelia (obviously not counting Jordy's stupid and pointless attempt as the beastmaster to recruit him as an ally). I, however, could be remembering that wrong. I've never rewatched season 4.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Awakening aired when ATS and BTVS were on different networks and DB & SMG weren't allowed to appear on each other's shows (an exception was made for the BTVS finale). But IA that they easily could've done something like TGIQ and centered it around Buffy had they wanted to.
Right, forgot about that whole thing. Though an exception was supposed to have occurred for YW and TGIQ as well (SMG had also been requested to appear in the latter but again declined due to a scheduling conflict with The Grudge or so I heard).

Quote:
Me too. I had a lot of fun.

I could go for watching Expecting. We get so much good Protective-Angel in it.

I also love how Angel rushes to her apartment (in the daytime!) because she hasn't shown up for work. He knew right away something was up.
Agreed and how Wesley tries to insist that Angel fire her because she's lazy and unfocused (which BTW was so out of line, Cordy had been there first) but as far as I can remember Angel entirely ignores him.

they win"
- Stephen King