View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
My mom's the same. She doesn't generally re-watch anything unless I ask her to watch it with me. Last time I put Once More With Feeling on she fell asleep! I was so offended.

I actually LOVED JM's and ASH's numbers in that episode, both have excellent voices!

My mom did start a BTVS rewatch with me but we only made it to 'Never Kill a Boy on the First Date' before we stopped and then it ended up being forgotten.
That wasn't horrible for me though, it was still pre-BA and we got the iconic salty goodness scene.

Quote:
I can't even imagine Spike with a Texan accent. Sometimes I'm still surprised when James speaks and he doesn't sound British and I watch plenty of his interviews.
OMG in the 20th Anniversary interview, both James and Alexis sounded so freaking weird without the British accents. I hate to say this but Alexis kind of sounds like Wesley doing a bad American accent.

In the other show I'm into right now, Lucifer, the lead actor is a natural Brit and holy **** can this dude do an American accent that sounds NOTHING like his natural voice. In fact, I think it has a bit of a southern sound to it.
Very very talented man like DB.

Quote:
Anthony Stewart Head is a gift. Funny how his irl accent is actually more similar to Spike's than Giles's.
No kidding? The only time I've heard him outside of BtVS was when I caught him in an episode of Highlander (another of my mom's favorite shows, she even still has the DVDs that's how I was watching it) and he actually uses an American accent there! He's also a lot younger as it's an older show.

Quote:
I love a lot of Wes's S4 arc but the way the writers handled the Angelus thing made the whole team look like idiots a lot of the time. And Angelus felt like a parody-Angelus and not the real thing. He just...didn't feel like the same Angelus we saw before.
Mmmm, I'd have to rewatch but from what I can recall or I believe I recall, I thought the whole Hannibal Lector thing while he was in the cage was well done and awesome, however once he gets loose and has the whole thing with "The beastmaster" then I agree, it's stupid and OOC until Orpheus.

Quote:
I can see that . She was able to make the hard choice and sacrifice him in the end, but a lot of horror and trauma happened before she got there. Also, isn't part of the reason he tries to kill himself in Amends b/c he is afraid he'll choose to get lost in her and become Angelus again?
That was, in fact, the whole plot point of the episode with The First. It tried to convince him to lose his soul to Buffy again because it wants Angelus and he tells her to her face that he wants to do just that.

I wonder if he felt that about Cordy and that's the reason he hid in denial.

Quote:
It took me 4 years to finish the one and only story I ever finished. Writing takes time and sometimes we gotta just write at our muse's pace. The fact that you've written anything at all is very cool.
Thank you.

4-years?!
Damn, I've been working on a short fic for roughly a year and a half now.
I'm feeling a whole lot better about that now.

they win"
- Stephen King