View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:20 AM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've never had anyone to watch it with.
I used to watch it with my mom when it was originally airing (I wasn't allowed to watch until season 3 tho, b/c she thought it was ~too scary~ ). I got a couple of friends into it, too, but they basically just watched BTVS/ATS once all the way through, liked it, but then moved on. They weren't hooked like me haha.

Quote:
Ironic since James's hair is actually black or dark brown.
Right? And I think JM looks good with dark hair but for some reason Spike does not. I remember JM saying when they were originally testing Spike's aesthetic when he was first cast that they had 2 hair colors in mind: black or bleached b/c those were the ones that fit the punk look. They tried black first and then apologized to him, like, 'Sorry James, get ready for the bleach because this doesn't look good.

Quote:
We get this with Gunn as well. I remember an exchange in I want to say 'That Old Gang of Mine' where Angel tells Gunn something along the lines of being willing to kill him when he presents a danger is how he knows he can trust someone.
Good point. Gunn and Angel did have a similar conversation.

Didn't Wesley also say something about staking/killing Angel if Angelus ever returned? If so, how his tune changed in S4.

Quote:
I believe this was a big issue with Buffy, if I recall correctly, she let her feelings for Angel compromise her with Angelus.
Yeah, Buffy didn't kill him when she had the chance and bodies pilled up b/c of it. I don't judge Buffy, though, I get it. I have no idea how hard it'd be to kill an evil thing wearing your loved one's face. Not sure I could do it either. Plus, S2 would've been tragically short and there would've been no story if she'd staked him without a care in Innocence.
Quote:
The big question is since this was all the way back in season 1 (or was it 2) which was a very different time for them, would Cordy have been able to keep this promise in season 4 with her feelings for Angel and newfound awareness of those feelings if she'd been there instead of Jordy?

I gotta say it's a tough call but one I need to answer if I have any hope of finishing one of the fanfics I'm attempting to write.
Exactly. Her saying it in S1 was one thing, but Cordy's bond with Angel became so strong and he became the most important person in her life.

Would she try to keep her word but accidentally hesitate too long with Angelus and get killed?

Would she pull a Wesley/Faith and refuse to kill him and instead try to save him no matter what?

Or would she take him out without delay? Not that it wouldn't be hard for her...but this is the Cordy who knows her purpose is the visions/their mission and needs to save souls above everything else, even her own health/life?

If you ever want a beta for your fic/a cheerleader or just anyone to shoot ideas with, let me know. Fanfic writing is hard, yo, and I have so much respect and gratitude for those who do it.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com