View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 06:49 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Wait what? 'She' had one of the most hilarious C/A exchanges:
'She' has it's moments--I adore the Wesley and Angel dancing montage, for one, and Angel attending Cordy's party to support her even though he clearly hated every minute of it lol--but watching the episode as a whole...it's a rough one lol.

Quote:
The "Angel and Spike go on Wacky Adventures Show" was literally 110% pointless and a step backward for Angel's characters.
I do feel like pitting Angel and Spike against each other/having them forced to work together had its moments--and using Spike to deconstruct/foil Angel had some interesting merit to it--but there were too many moments where the writers just turned it into an immature, 12-year-old pissing match and that was not at all what I cared to see. It did come off as very regressive. And repetitive.

I wonder how different S5 would've been if Cordy and Spike had both been allowed on the season instead of Spike replacing her. I think those two would've played off each other really well. Cordy being around obviously would've done wonders for Angel's characterization.

Quote:
I've watched it on Hulu before and I checked, it's still there.

Quote:
I've also been doing live watch parties of various content with my friends during the quarantine since we can't actually get together but the chat and watch at the same set up works best with IMing. So I'm not sure we can do that. Though it would be more efficient if it's just gonna be the two of us which is what it's seeming to be so far.
Yeah, my friends and I have done that a bit with Discord.

I thought it might help to get the thread moving to post our viewing party in here, but you're right that it's not the most practical. If you'd rather we use Discord, I'd be cool with that.

Any episodes you have in mind?

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 05-06-2020 at 07:06 PM