View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:12 PM
***BLONDIE***
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Exactly, all this! When you line up Pacey and Dawson's resume, it's easy to just say "Screw Dawson" and go for Pacey. No damn comparison.
Exactly. Dawson was trying to hold her back and Pacey was willing to set her free. Complete night and day between the characters. I also believe a huge part of their break up, was because Pacey felt her was holding her back. She told him she didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay and be with him. He knew she was serious about her feelings and he saw that. I think subconsciously he didn't want to feel like he was holding her back and he set her free then. It just came out way harsh, but I imagine that wasn't easy, trying to move on from a relationship he fought so hard for. I don't think he broke up with her to be malicious or because he didn't love her or care. I think the pressure just got to him and you could see the instant regret on his face when Joey came to see him and in the middle of her talking, he said he missed her. You could tell it killed him because of what happened. If that had been Dawson, he would have let Joey go on thinking it was all her fault that they broke up, as some sort of punishment to keep hurting her. Pacey didn't. He took all the blame when everything calmed down.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 04-29-2020 at 04:17 PM