View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:24 AM
***BLONDIE***
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I love what he said to her too and that Joey overheard it. Just one of the many things showing how much Pacey loved Joey and that he is the one. I also agree that Pacey always being selfless and willing to sacrifice himself for Joey's happiness was another thing showing he truly loved her. Dawson always just thought of himself and just wanted to win Joey like she's a horse he bet on in a race.
He was selfless when it came to her. Look at the difference between him and Dawson at Anti-prom. Pacey sat in silence and watched from afar, while Dawson nitpicked and made snarky remarks all night, then had a full on meltdown at the end. Pacey at the end, walked Andie home and had a honest conversation about his feelings for Joey. in The Longest Day, Dawson, forces an ultimatum on her right away, while Pacey let her go, while he cried on the docks. Then in Show Me Love, while Dawson was trying to kill people and still put pressure on Joey, Pacey comes up to her at the end and asked if she could ever love him like a soulmate. The minute she looked uncomfortable, he backed completely off and told her there are no ultimatums here. No screaming, no shouting, no ultimatums, no forcing her to choose, no guilt tripping, just Pacey loving Joey and respecting her decisions. He will always be the better boyfriend, period.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)