View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 04:40 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I loved Peyton in season 1 as well and season 5 (which i know is an unpopular opinion) but i LOVED when Peyton had her snark. She was too cheesey in season 4 and 6 imo, and too depressed in season 2 (thought i also loved her standing up for Anna at school). She was miserable a lot in season 3 but I feel like she had this inner strength and the fact that she was so alone that season when everyone was paired up made me feel for her.
Season 1 is definitely her best season imo and I would have enjoyed Season 5 for her a lot more if she was so pathetic about Lucas in the second half of the season. Think she was in cheesy in some episodes of S4 (especially 4x12), but I didn't think she was as cheesy in S6. S2 was a pretty awful season for her though and I don't get why think it's great for her either.

Quote:
Unfortunately Haley was almost always linked to Nathan. I loved her SL in season 9 though, Joy got some nice focus that season and had some badass moments. I think pregnant Haley was my least favorite. Something about her just annoyed me. I also really loved season 1 Haley! I wish she had remained that same dorky girl for a while. Season 2 was by far her worst season, she was so awful with the whole Chris thing. I also found her sort of annoying at the start of season 5 when she was taking Lindsey's side for everything and being so judgmental. If Nathan had dated someone else at any point you know she wouldnt have just been able to move on from Nathan.
She was, her depression arc in S7 was probably the only good storyline she had that wasn't linked to Nathan in some way, which I consider an pretty terrible waste of Joy's acting abilities imo. What was your issue with pregnant Haley? Completely agree with what you said about seasons 2 and 5.

Quote:
Its sort of shocking that Nathan never really ever dated anyone else other than Haley (except Peyton in season 1). So weird they never gave him another love interest at some point. I think they could have totally gone that route in season 3 and broken up NH for a while. Personally I would have preferred that.... I think his best seasons were by far seasons 1-3 where we saw his growth. After that he got kind of boring. But I did like his SL in season 5 with his accident and trying to recover/get over that. It gave him some material to work with.
Guess the writers didn't want to take that risk considering Naley's marriage and all. Think most of his growth happened in S1 for me, which is partly why Nathan felt so stagnant as a character post S3. Plus I think they should have had him move onto another career after his accident, especially since the comeback arc wasn't really interesting imo.

Quote:
Lucas just was never really the same after season 1, I dont know if was something Chad did with the character but Lucas seemed to have this arrogance about him that he didnt have before. I wasn't fond of most of his SL's but i did sort of like in season 4 when he discovered the truth about Keith. Season 5 he was so awful with his denial and all the Lindsey stuff, what an idiot.
Though it was more down to the writing for Lucas going downhill a bit after Season 1 (a lot of which imo can be blamed on going back to BL when it clearly wasn't planned and the writers had to rewrite things to make it work). Never really saw Lucas as arrogant though, lol

Quote:
As for Brooke I almost chose season 2 because I thought as a person she was really nice that season and had some cute storylines but nothing was super significant. I really didnt like Brooke in season 3 and 4 and what they did to her character. In season 1 she was bitchy at times but she was funny and had charisma and was still a good friend. In seasons 3/4 though they just turned into someone selfish and whiney and she was so awful to Peyton for no reason. I was so glad in season 5 she had grown up and the later seasons for Brooke were much better (expect season 7 when she was just crying the whole season over Julian lol)
Season 2 was pretty good for Brooke and her arc was easily the best out of the core that season (not saying a lot though, lol). I didn't either and I blame a lot of that on her relationship, which really brought out her unlikeable qualities. Not sure I would call S1 Brooke a good friend lol. She was the highlight of season 5 for me and seeing her finally growing up (and moving on from Lucas) was so great. Loved her in season 6, but I didn't enjoy her as much in S7-9 for different reasons.

Quote:
To round out the top 10 I would say my favorite characters were Alex, Julian, Rachel, Dan, and Chris. I also liked Jake, Andy, Chase (except he got boring in some of the later seasons), Karen and Keith at times.
Mine were the Core 5, plus Skills, Chris, Karen, Jake and Chris.