View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 02:09 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

what? how is that an ok thing to do? hope the half an hour goes well for you

One of my co-workers linked an article written by a qualified teacher who basically has been made to feel like nothing as while schools are allowed to close early childhood settings remain open. All other teachers are preparing for children to work from home while despite the fact that she still plans for learning, teaches children, has a university teaching degree, & pays to be a registered teacher she has to keep going because she works in early childhood. It was a sad read but spot on. It also brings up the fact that parks are all closed to protect everyone but it is ok for 90 children to keep going to early childhood services to cough & sneeze over each other. The government is taking a gamble with the lives of our youngest citizens as well as the adults having to go to work each day to continue to look after & teach them. I don't mind my industry being open but it should just be for essential workers not everyone. This free childcare should have also came with a thing that said remain enrolled but don't send them in. If you read any of the recommendations it says for school kids to remain home from school if possible or some states have closed schools. Meanwhile childcare remains open as normal. I totally get our importance of keeping the country running but you also need to look after the industry too. Then don't risk the lives of all those little children who either don't have an immune system yet or are still developing them (let alone their hygiene skills) & consider the health & safety of the adults caring for them

I know what you mean Rita. I kept confusing myself yesterday thinking it was Saturday but really it was Friday

Chelle » join GTmy art