View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:35 AM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah the virus has thrown everyone I think. It would be a shock for you not knowing what to do anywhere Being someplace new sucks but I'm sure you'll pick up on it soon enough. Its just a shame its right when they're busy & the world is the way it is
I hope it works out for you

tbh I think a lot of stores like that should just close. Yes that's not good for the workers as then you're all out of a job, but its safer to just put all these shops online & force people to stay home.

A payrise? Not with the free childcare. The free childcare scheme the government is giving centres 50% of the fees they would've gotten based on enrollments from the first week of March. A lot of services have seen a drop in enrollments since then as families go into self isolation so looking at it that way it'll help the services stay afloat. But it doesn't help everyone or necessarily cover all costs still. Then poor family day care are getting the short straw as they've had an increase in enrollments instead but will still get paid based on the enrollments from March so if they had less children then they're losing money now on this scheme.
There is some relief though providing childcare centres are eligible for the JobKeepers scheme - but we don't all know if we are. Thankfully today my organisation confirmed that we will be . With that I will get a payrise as everyone on that scheme is entitled to $1500 a week (before tax) & I don't earn that amount. Anyone who earns less than it are still meant to get that amount

For a new job mostly I just want to change locations, not industries. I have looked at some sort of disability support teaching though, but I'd need to get that qualification. But I like my industry & I like the little kids. I just don't like where I work or where I live right now.

This year is crazy. There are no words for it

Chelle » join GTmy art