View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:03 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the new thread & adding an OP to it

If you're not enjoying it & it doesn't seem like they're treating you right maybe its not the best fit for you? It happens, so no reason to feel bad on that. It could just be everyone is stressed so they're not meaning to make you do more than you should as a newbie, but it could also be a bad environment to work in. I don't know. Up to you what you want to do & feel is best

As for complaining - I think lots of people have every right to complain, but its so hard to make a complaint right now. People who have a job are meant to be quiet & be grateful, regardless of any concerns they may have. Then just because you wanted another job for so long doesn't mean the one you get is going to be the right one.

My industry has a lot of concerns over this 'free childcare' scheme being rolled out ... hopefully it'll be helpful & not cause money issues for the centres themselves. Childcare fees help pay for resources & wages & rent/bills,ect. & those necessary fees needed to be paid aren't going to go away too . There's a fear wages will need to be cut & we already get paid low wages. Plus that families will now bring their children back in & not just be enrolled & keeping their children home. We don't want more children & exposure for the safety of the children who do have to remain in our care & us
My landlord was talking to me yesterday & thinks this is some job security for me. To me I question if it'll only make it harder working right now, then for me to find a new job since I do hope to eventually relocate when the world starts going back to normal. But maybe most of those 6 months will be spent waiting for things to go back to normal, then for me to get enough experience to get my drivers license since I need that before I can relocate where I want to go.
Another point from my landlord is how COVID-19 is supposedly hard to spread - it is spread through the water droplets in the air from sneezing. My response to her was 'do you know how many times I get sneezed on a day' . I love my industry, & the children, & I'm really glad the government sees importance in keeping us open for the essential workers. But its not a safe industry to be working in when it comes to germs. I got chicken pox last year for example & I couldn't tell you how many times I've had laryngitis

Hope centrelink does help you for a bit . It is at least something we can all save since there's nowhere to go out to too

Chelle » join GTmy art