View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:33 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Yes, he never expected to succeed. It then became a game he simply had to win. It is my opinion that erasing Hillary's shady dealings... she would have done a much better job than the current president (as well as former President Obama).
I didn't, and don't, like Hillary Clinton, but I agree that she would have done a better job than Trump. She spent a lifetime in politics (although she was only elected to one political office herself as a U.S. Senator) so she would have been better equipped to deal with the office of President of the United States than Trump.

Quote:
Hope and avoiding the media scare tactics is really the best recipe at the moment.
I completely agree. I really need a haircut for example, but I don't want to go until this crisis has passed.

Quote:
This is unfortunately true.

Russia and China simply cannot be trusted. They don't even try to make you think you can trust them either. They don't care what you think. They are really no better than North Korea in this way.
Absolutely. One thing I don't like about this country is how we'll turn the other way when it comes to repressive regimes like China and Saudi Arabia for economic reasons. One thing I saw years ago in something called "25 Rules for being a Good Republican" said: You have to believe that trade with Cuba is wrong because it is communist, but trading with China and Vietnam is just dandy.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy