View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I don't see him beating Trump. From what little I've read, it seems like he's wasting so much time right now but you can't blame him due to the state of the country. Trump will win due the virus situation. Americans consider this war, some are even calling it a spiritual war of sorts and a non-traditional World War 3 even. I think in a couple months when things settle down, and the anxiety lessens, people are enjoying freedom again, they won't want another drastic change. I hope it backfires but I really do believe Trump will win again as a result of lack of campaigning on the Democratic side. I will never understand how anyone can support him or his politics. Thankfully, I am not friends with anyone (even professionally) who goes there and that's a good thing because I couldn't even properly debate without getting really angry.
The main reason that Trump is pushing to get everyone back working prematurely is that he's afraid if the economy tanks, he won't be reelected. Trump's main bragging point up until now is that the economy was booming under him (and that's debatable) but now with record unemployment and no end in sight for a while, the outcome of the election could change, but like you said, it probably won't. One thing different too is that Trumps is basically forced to do this daily press conferences, and people can really see what a blubbering idiot he is, so that could affect some peoples' view of him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy