View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 03:52 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Oh, I definitely know what you mean. I think that if Joe Biden had run and gotten the nomination in 2016 instead of Hillary Clinton, he would have beaten Trump, but now I'm not sure if he'll be able to beat Trump this time around. It still blows me away that Trump is the President of the United States. He's an embarrassment and I can't stand to even look at him let alone listen to him. I don't know how anyone can support him or his policies, but many people do, and I just don't understand it.
I don't see him beating Trump. From what little I've read, it seems like he's wasting so much time right now but you can't blame him due to the state of the country. Trump will win due the virus situation. Americans consider this war, some are even calling it a spiritual war of sorts and a non-traditional World War 3 even. I think in a couple months when things settle down, and the anxiety lessens, people are enjoying freedom again, they won't want another drastic change. I hope it backfires but I really do believe Trump will win again as a result of lack of campaigning on the Democratic side. I will never understand how anyone can support him or his politics. Thankfully, I am not friends with anyone (even professionally) who goes there and that's a good thing because I couldn't even properly debate without getting really angry.