View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 03:40 AM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyLikesScience (View Post)
I love Fringe, and I do love Peter and Olivia. I really like their love story, but to me, the true heart of the show was Walter and Peter's story. That's what truly touches me and makes me emotional about Fringe. And despite what the showrunners tried to ram down the viewers' throats, Pacey and Joey's love story was more of the heart of Dawson's Creek than the piss-poor writing and coupling that they tried with Dawson and Joey. I can't even buy the platonic soulmates thing they tried to sell at the very end. Pacey and Joey were way better suited, and a much more compelling, powerful connection than Dawson and Joey ever had. The show would've been even better had the writers & producers realized this long before it came time to write the series finale.
I have to agree on both of those points. \I was more invested in the Walter/Pacey relationship as well, but the whole team of four were fantastic.

Pacey and Joey truly did have a more powerful connection. I feel the term soulmate doesn't really apply to the Dawson/Joey relationship, they really were more like family than anything and the true soulmates were Jack and Jen. However, Pacey and Joey were the real storyline, whether it was when they were apart of together, they were the more compelling characters.

icon credit: crash landing