View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 04:00 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Like your avi btw.
Jemima's avi, Arinna? It's from Cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Thanks, Alex! It's ok.

As for virus, well, not only Europe...
In my country, they currently ordered all the cinemas, museums, theaters to be closed.
In general all places where a large number of people gather.
Plus they told people not to leave their homes. Of course, this only applies to those who don't have to go anywhere.

I only have a slight cough, but it's because I'm allergic.
I don't have a fever, I don't feel a cold taking me down. My family and friends are also healthy.
So everything is ok for now.
Hi, Jemima!

OMG, so everything's been closed down where you live too? I'm sorry. I hope this thing ends soon.

I'm glad you just have allergies. Just take care of yourself, okay?

Quote:
You mean that movie "The Good Son" was intense?
If yes, then I 100% agree. I was shocked that child could act like this (I'm talking about main character played by Macaulay Culkin).
But I was even more shocked by how this movie ended.

By the way, I first read "insane" instead of "intense"...
But word "insane" can also describe this movie, I think.

I've never heard about this movie, but I checked it on Filmweb and I see that Joseph Mazzello also played in it!
I remember him from movie Jurassic Park, and he also played John Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody!

I so hate child abuse.
Yes, by intense I meant very difficult to watch. Insane would be another good way to say it. I just couldn't believe a kid could be that evil.

Radio Flyer also stared Tom Hanks as the grown up character played by Elijah. He's the narrator telling the story of when he was a kid. Yeah, Elijah's character's little brother gets abused by their mom's boyfriend. That was difficult to watch. I hated it as well.

I think the little brother was Joseph Mazello's character. OMG, he was Elijah's little brother? He was also that kid in Jurassic Park? He's the one who played John Deacon? Were there any British actors playing Queen? Oh, and I finally saw Bohemian Rhapsody for free! The channel that it's on has a free trial month going on, so I watched it for free. It was awesome!

It did skip over a lot of the early history of the band, like their early albums, and it did focus a lot on Freddie and Mary, along with the band. I was a bit disappointed that the movie couldn't fit Crazy Little Thing Called Love into the story because it was one of their biggest hits here in the USA. But I loved the use of all the other songs in the movie. It was weird to hear Who Wants To Live Forever during Freddie's diagnosis because they hadn't even recorded that yet. That song was on the Highlander soundtrack and the A Kind of Magic album in 1986. I do understand why the film had to move Freddie's AIDS diagnosis from 1987 to 1985. They wanted to end the film on a triumphant high note, and by the time Freddie was diagnosed, Queen had faded from popularity. U2, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, and other bands had eclipsed them by that point. Ended the movie with Queen's Live Aid performance in 1985 was the best ending they could've done.

Oh, and I loved Mike Myers as the record company exec. He really did end up regretting letting Queen go just because he didn't want to release Bohemian Rhapsody. When he said that line, "It goes on forever, six bloody minutes!" I loved Freddie's replay, "I pity your wife if you think six minutes is forever."

But if I were Freddie I would've also said, "I've got three words for you: Stairway... To... Heaven. That goes on for eight bloody minutes." If Led Zeppelin could turn that into a hit, then Queen could do the same with Rhapsody.

Rami Malek was superb, and his Oscar was well deserved. He got that accent down just right. I was surprised to see how many actors playing the members of Queen were actually American.

Oh, and there was one mistake in the movie. The movie had Brian May telling Freddie his idea for We Will Rock You when Freddie had already cut his hair short and grown a mustache, but in real life, We Will Rock You(along with We Are The Champions) was recorded for the album News of The World, when Freddie still had long hair and no mustache. You can even see how he looks in the music video for We Will Rock You. He didn't cut his hair short until the album, The Game, which featured Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Another One Bites The Dust, and he grew is mustache shortly thereafter when Queen did the Flash Gordon soundtrack.

Oh, and I noticed one other thing. Rami Malek had blue eyes in the film, but in real life Freddie had brown eyes. I suppose Rami could've worn contacts and perhaps decided not to, or perhaps I'm nitpicking.

OMG, I just watched some scenes from the movie on YouTube and it turns out that the movie originally did include Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It was in Queen's performance at Live Aid. It was in the original cut of the film, but it was cut out of the theatrical release for some reason and is only on the DVD version. That sucks. That was one of Queen's biggest hits, with Freddie singing like Elvis Presley. Rami got to play a guitar in that scene. Here's the deleted scene:

Quote:
Yup.
But it was VERY small role.
Here you can watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyA4h8X209U

Yeah, I know.
When I watch a movie with them, I smile at the thought that they were married at that time.
But at the same time I'm sad when I think about that they divorced.
Thanks for the link, Jemima.

Yeah, well I try not to get too attached to Hollywood couples because I know that so many of them don't last.

Quote:
Yeah, that tongue...
Those girls were weird.
I mean, they saw such an unnaturally long tongue and they didn't freaked out...
I know that they were horny, and they were turned on by the length of his tongue, because french-kissing and all this stuff...
BUT COME ON! I would be VERY freaked out.

I think that in "In Living Color" he KINDA had some few normal roles.
That was that time when he balanced between "normality" and "wackiness".
Well, these were 80s girls in America, Jemima. The 80s were an awesome time, and people were a lot more laid back. But as for French kissing, I think the girls were interested in his long tongue for... let's just say, "other reasons?" Take a wild guess.

Quote:
Yes, he played main character, a zombie.
And he was kinda cute in that role.
Creepy as f__k, but cute.

I love him in X-Men, especially in X-Men: First Class!
Yeah, I couldn't see zombies as anything but creepy. But I loved him as Beast in X-Men: First Class. I wish he'd been in the original X-Men film.

Quote:
Yup.
Yeah, it was weirdly funny.

ME TOO! And I need it!
David as a sexy Grim Reaper... OMG, I WANT THIS!
But sadly David doesn't play supernatural characters, does he? He never did.
The only supernatural movie I saw with him, was Cold Skin.
But even there he played pretty normal human being.

Yes, they had great comedy back then. Benny Hill, Monty Python movies, and a lot of American comedies that were hilarious.

Aww, too bad. I'd love to see David in something science fiction or fantasy. I'm glad you liked my suggestion.

I'm gonna repost Renee's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone (View Post)
Hi, guys & dolls!

Sorry for my very long absence! I haven't been coping with life very well lately, to tell you the truth, but now I'm back and I've got news

But let's start with the voting! I have been voting...a lot... I'm staying with my parents twice a week and they (and the cat ), and my friends vote. So we've managed close to 40 votes the last two weeks or so, for each of our favourites! David is struggling a bit, but both Francois and Holliday sit quite comfortably.

Happy voting!

Vote David as most handsome British actor 2019:
The Most Handsome British Actors 2019 | Bestofthelist

Vote Francois as most handsome Canadian actor 2019:
The Most Handsome Canadian Actors 2019 | Bestofthelist

Vote Holliday as most Beautiful British actress 2019:
The Most Beautiful British Actresses 2019 | Bestofthelist

Have a nice weekend! See you again soon!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-18-2020 at 07:25 PM
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote